Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you listen to when you read?

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
guitarwhispers is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm always looking for good reading music, stuff that's good background music but not too distracting. Any suggestions? Usually I'll just listen to music without lyrics or classical music, but it's getting dull. My coworker from UMGD just introduced me to this compilation CD called Eclectic Cafe though and it's become my new reading buddy. It's really mellow and since it's a mix of artists they all have their own unique style that keeps me interested. One of my favorite tracks is called "Don't Wait Too Long" by Madeleine Peyroux...it's got a mellow Billie Holiday feel Check it out: http://71.18.69.253/w/Dont_Wait_Too_Long.wmaThe album just came out last week I think so if you're frustrated with your reading music and need a change I would highly recommend it! Anyone else have suggestions for some good reading music?

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Praetor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I usually listen to Apocalyptica while I read... but come on, who else has heard of Apocalyptica?

http://www.apocalyptica.com

"What's the point in not conforming, if it changes you?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I find Jim Brickman's paino to be awesome for it, though it depends on the book, sometimes I also listen to the Hyannis Sound (A capella) and New Orleans Jazz. Musical's often work for me as well, Les Miserables, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Phantom of the Opera.

http://jimbrickman.com/

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think the best reading music is pretty much anything,depending on your taste.you should listen to an artist that you kinda like.that way,you wont be distracted by how much you like the song or how much you hate it.or you could just tune your radio to a station that has the kind of music u like to listen to(country,rock,rap,ext...).that way,there is a variety of different artists,whether you like them or not.

but thats just me.it may not work for other people.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i tend to listen to whatever is in my CD player at the time, which has led to strange things like REM and "The Count of Monte Cristo" being linked in my brain, as i bought the book and the best of CD at the same time, and sat down to read while i listened to my new CD, the CD ended up in the player for the whole two weeks it took me to read the book. and i now can't read it while listening to anything else.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that FreakishOne is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd definately go with Praeter and pop in some Apocalyptica. They're amazing. The atmosphere they give off is quite suitable for reading.

"Give me the freedom to destroy"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy