Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Dixie Chicks are not Johnny Cash

User Thread
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I live in Nashville. In 1998, the Chicks gave a free concert in Centennial Park. That was before they broke out. I walked over and took a look. "They are not going anywhere," I thought to myself. A year later, they were everywhere. I confess, I never cared for the Chicks. "Goodby Earl" was a song which glorified and condoned a wife murdering her husband. It was sick. I watched women perform it in karaoke bars. They were re-enacting the homicide in their minds and relishing it. I was surprised, however, when Natalie Maines made the comment in London in 2003 about President Bush. It must have slipped out in a moment of unconsciousness. It ruined a big career, or certainly changed it radically. I wonder what the other two Chicks thought about Natalie or what they said to her in private. The Chicks have made a comeback of sorts, hooking up with maverick producer Rick Rubin, the guy who produced Johnny Cash's last albums. The Chicks attain a rebel status in doing so but they are far from being Johnny Cash. I suspect their career will dissipate after the current album.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy