Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Universal Ethics

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Universal Ethics
The recent debate between ethical considerations and climate change has sparked off some thoughts.

I'm at a crossroads. Whilst it is true that on this planet we need to benefit ourselves and play out natural selection so that we may produce healthy offspring; it is also true that we have a responsibility to be responsible for our actions and become a nation that evolves ethically.

Its hard to say what ethics is but it something like that reason that guides one to better understanding and action upon that understanding to resist desire and promote goodness. Back to the enhanced greenhouse effect (the human cause of global warming); it is our joint responsibility to protect animals less capable and aware of understanding what is probable to happen through the continued use of fossil fuels, etc.

In this effort, I see that the greed of business masked under politics is there for the purpose of allowing inviduals access to money so to promote their own gene pool. i.e. money is represnetative of power and power is attractive so the partner sleceted is more likely to be supportive and better at producing more elite children both physically and mentally. Then I see the ethical considerations which say that we have a responsibiliy to protect ourselves and the planet and future generations and the future planet.

It is of course the cultured person who is able to remove oneself from sexual desires or desires of any nature in the knowing that it promotes the one vastly over others. It is this person which we call 'man' as opposed form 'beast'. However, it occurred ot me that in this battle women have had a fare ride. In our western culture, they have been granted equal rights. Though, admittedly, these sway in both ways under different conditions, if law is set to make this so then the responsibility also falls upon women's shoulders. They should be equally able to respond to beating natural desires and should not be wooned by beastly power but should resist to go instead for a man of honour. Likewise, a man should not give way to beastly desires of controlling or dominating women, but should show equal respect and expect this given in return. Maybe if this is satisfied, we will go some way to actually evolving our natural desires, whilst alleviating the increasing problems of climate change faced at any rate; that is if we wish to live upon this earth for much longer...

""No words""
Universal Ethics
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy