One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Omen

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Omen
Not sure if this has any connection what so ever with religion But I noticed in this movie and In saw that there was this robed hog or something like that and was wondering what that really was or what it meant. Also since I'm obviously not too familiar with religion, Do you know the story behind how Damien was born? Lucifer was the father and A Jackle was the mother? It would really help to get some clarity about this movie because all my friends were laughing at how rediculous the movie was but I was explaining to them they're only laughing because they cannot see the symbolism and/or real meaning behind what is actually going on..

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know for a 100% fact that SOMEONE can explain this a little better to me. pleaseeee it's really been on my mind for a number of days now.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I saw the first one, haven't seen the latest one.

It is fiction based on a religious belief. Some of it is actual beliefs found here and there and some of it is just made up.

A pig is one of the unclean animals that should not be eaten according the old testament.

The anti Christ is really a teaching/attitude/set of beliefs - if you wanted to give it a name, it would be called Mammon, and one could say that Mammon exits in our attitudes about this world and other life upon it.

I wouldn't take any of to seriously, but if it has caused you to think, then study, it certainly couldn't hurt none, there is a lot to be concerned about.

But there is no real anti Christ in our future and the only devil that rules this earth is us - the attitude of which you could call Mammon.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
The Omen
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy