Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Control issUeS

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Control issUeS
Having looked at thread "Worth dying for?", I had to think only a moment to translate that statement into Is it worth dying for?
A friend of my mother was visiting her & as we set around the table talking, the subject of our worldly affairs came up. Her work as a cashier had prodominated her line of thinking as bad mouthed the present situation. Her statement about Iraq & the blame she held toward them caused an alarm to sound off in my thoughts as I probed to understand "What was she really tring to state?
So I asked what do you mean? Iraq didn't attack the USa, we attacked them?
Some how she had transferred responsibility for 911 to them which I tried to show her. Then she transferred those feelings toward moslems? About this time the alarm went off so I asked what it she mean by that? She stated how angry she was in having to deal with those people, further probing identified them as those people with the spot in the middle of their forehead.

One (1) nation under GOD with liberty & justice for all?
Yes, a lot of fine words & thoughts went into the founding of this nation, which cause many to hold them as being "Sacred". By that I mean some people think of these as Holy Scriptures, some being as radical as any religious fanatic! Others hold them as somewhat less authority, nothing but the mouthing of words to justify & convict others of their (way) righteousness.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 72yrs • M •
Hmm, Separation of Church & State? Do you really think this is truthful aspect of our culture?

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How often do poloticians say they don't believe in god?

With the mass of society being religious, it is hard for any polotician to ignore the fact that religion will make them seem good in the eyes of the people. This is definetly not seperation.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We're not in a society of only religious people; we are in a society of ignorant people. The latter being the greater problem. Religion seems to be some excuse for every injustice.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 72yrs • M •
An excuse or a 'scap goat' to blame. Been hearing some advertising use of military returnee's statement of their pride of service.
Call it old fashion of me but I think that if you're going to ask people to put their life on the line for you, then at the least you owe them the truth!
But ya know how they love 'the LIE', people don't want to live in peace with one another, they want to be rich so they too,
'may lord over' others?

The Founding Father wrote the constitution, but it only applied to those who owned propety? Is that like "buying citizenship in the Roman Empire" as Paul {Saul} had in the New Testatment ?

Wonder why we are using the National Guard rather than sending regular military troops stationed around the world [in Foreign Nations]? Why not pull our troops out of other free world nations,
I mean they aren't really doing a lot there, are they? Well, no wonder we didn't follow UN decisions, they don't want to share with other nations, they want to rule over them so of course, we must maintain a military presence over there?
I once made statements comparing Bush as King George.
My mistake, the Roman Empire didn't have Kings!
Heard it once said that you should be as wise as the Serpent but innocent as a lamb, so just what is the agenda, just where is Bush leading the Nations of the World?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Control issUeS
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy