Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Penn&Teller Bullshit!

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Penn&Teller Bullshit!
I love this show, but I can never watch it because it's not on basic cable lol.

9/11 Conspiracy

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Their 9/11 piece sure lived up to the show's name.

How pissed would survivors and victims be about 9/11 conspiracy theories? This is a point abused by the media to this day, but none of these dumb fucks apparently bother to talk to the hundreds, literally, of family members and survivors filing lawsuits against the government in support of the 9/11 truth movement.

Would they be more pissed if skeptics were right or wrong?

The firefighter mentioned how common and normal it is for fire to melt truss systems like that of the WTC. As common as what? What steel buildings have fallen due to fire? And why the fuck hadn't the towers fallen due to their previous fires, before they even had sprinklers.

And don't tell me because of Jet Fuel, which of course explains nothing about building 7, which they did not touch, along with the plethora of other evidence in support of a conspiracy. They were too busy contradicting themselves with hypocricy about closed minded people.

One thing I wanted to note about the Patriot Act one, which I'd seen before, and I think even posted a link to, but the point they emphasized about Congress' not reading the Act, its another partial and perhaps partially missrepresented idea.

Much of Congress had read the act, they took out what was unacceptable, items they had expressed taking out of a lot of legislation trying to be pushed after such tragedies, but the morning they were meant to sign for the act they had greenlighted, they were handed a freshly reproduced copy of the act containing those provisions they had forbidden, hot off the press from a middle of the night reprinting.

I watched footage of one Congressman pointing this out quite angrily.

Another point lost in the void of a lack of history on the subject. The claims that the government failed due to lack of power and funding is rediculous given that this exact argument was raised and met, with more power and funding, after Oklahoma City and even the earlier WTC bombing.

Not to mention that Bush, and Clinton, stopped the FBI from investigating Bin Ladens, Al Qaeda, and Saudi Royals. Executive order W199I.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
Here is some of the other points I didn't bother to take the time to post before in regards to the 9/11 show.

They mention how conspiracy theories instantly started arising, well, our governments corruption and acts of terrorism are nothing new, to those who actually investigate this. And lest we forget, we were led up to this recently with WTC bombing 1 and Oklahoma City.

Another was with their first main point about self proclaimed skeptics who deny any chance of information changing their opinions. Then they throw out a fireman who says he finds "it unbelievable that anyone in our government could have such a heinous or evil plot to strike their own people."

Well he obviously is unaware of the Northwoods Documents, MK Ultra, Operation Gladio, Agent Orange, and all of the evidence to support government involvement in the first WTC bombing, Oklahoma City, and indeed 9/11 itself. Plus I'm sure, tons of other crap I've never even heard of and stuff I have but can't remember to list.

Then they also put their foot in their mouth about what his nuts talking about members of our government deciding to run "a fake terrorist attack" aka the drills held in months leading up to 9/11 and indeed on that very day, including the EXACT targets from the events of that day. Insert foot here, boy, they must feel sheepish having to admit investigatory defeat to that guy, heh, that is of course, if they ever realize and bother to.

Then, yes it goes on, they bitch about the wacky rich guy and ask if anything he stated was done so outside of little jimmy walter world. Seriously, did they honestly think HE came up with that information?

Well, since he refered to evidence of planes landed and remote planes flown into buildings, yes, it is said outside of his little world. Including loose change for the landed planes, but during the drills, there were indeed remote piloted aircraft being flown, in conjunction to fake radar blips on Norads and Flight Control screens as part of the excersize.

Just don't expect to hear about it on FOX News. Their too busy saying blurred images of the Pentagon strike explain away all 9/11 conspiracy theories and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy, fair and balanced. But I digress.

Then Jimmy says he believes members of the flights to still be living, which at least 9 hijackers have been found, as well as news coverage of a woman found in Europe, perhaps France (can't remember for sure) and maybe others that I'm forgetting again.

Thats when they mention the families which I already mentioned.

Alternative ideas are blown off, yes, because only what the government tells you is true, even though they tell you they can't tell you things because of national security, and even though they are known to contain corruption, are being sued for domestic propaganda, and are constantly caught contradicting themselves and LYING about it. Its on video for shits sake.

And then we come to a point made to me by another patron of the site...

quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
They do pose a good point however. A lot of conspiracy theorists have no regard for human emotion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------

I whole-heartedly dissagree. At first I wasn't even sure what you meant, and I still may not, so I re-watched it to see.

But what I notice is that there is a huge mistake in that assertion. Conspiracy theorists don't disregard emotion, they suffer through the greater emotion of having to believe this atrocity is commited by people they are supposed to trust, as they watch them not only continue in their posistions as criminals in power, they watch them actually be promoted and have medals pinned to their fucking chests as they plan their next attack, all while being ridiculed and treated like scum, traitors, for trying to help people become aware and to do something about it.

I do believe that the missconception comes about because conspiracy theorists, like a historian recounting an atrocity studied for years to a new "student" on the subject, or how a surgeon reacts to tragedy and death. When these people first learn of these things, they suffer the emotions, after time, the shock has faded. They can easily sound crass and shocking to others not aware and specifically defensive about such accusations. (Especially when the media and government, and in turn friends and family, are telling them to react that way)

Again, since the other half of the emotion point is about victims feelings, I will ask again, would the victims be more upset about some loose lipped loons crying wolf? Or the reality of their claims being true? Which is more upsetting?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
Penn and Teller: Bullshit! War on Drugs

46yrs • M
Ground Zero

46yrs • M
The Bible

Holier than thou

46yrs • M
Gun Control

46yrs • M
Death Inc.

Family Values

Penn&Teller Bullshit!
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy