Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Family issues: Need advice

User Thread
 39yrs • F •
sanspreefam is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I need some advice, I'm at my breaking point and don't know what to do. My husband, son, and me live at my mothers. My older brother also lives here. My brother don't pay any bills in this house, he don't keep jobs, he is just Lazy. We have been having problems in this house lots. Well, yesterday mom got the cable bill. My brother looked at it, and just started having a fit. He was yelling that me and my husband cancelled some channels that we put on there and just can't afford anymore. Well, there was one movie channel on there that he said we agreed on before we got it but I don't remember it. Well, I told him mom agreed that if it saved her money to then she was okay with taking that one off. My brother just got pissed off. He don't pay the bill, so it shouldn't be any of his business. I said well if you want them you get them and pay for them. He said he would get them and put a block on them so my husband and I couldn't watch them. I told him oh no you don't, because my husband and I put a lock on some of the channels that we only paid for and he had a fit and had them unblocked. He said well this is mom's house, and I won't disrespect her like that. I said well she never watched them only you did, and I said it's not your house either. It went on and on. Then he said well my husband was stupid taking a job 2 hours away. He says if he didn't take the job we would have money for the channels. I said well at least he has a job and keeps it. Anyways, we want to move over where he has the job when we get the money. It's hard to save for a down deposit on rent when we have to pay half of the bills here too. We couldn't just stay on unemployment forever, and he tried to get a job closer. I said if you want to keep yelling about the channels then I would take him off of our insurance so he can't drive my truck again. He said that's bull and he put money into the truck that he wants back. This stuff went on for awhile. Then my husband got home from work, and it only got worse. Mom started in on us. She said she would have my son taken away from my husband. She also said she will get him with *grandparent rights*. I don't believe she can do that. She told my husband she was tired of his mouth. However, he never says a word to her. He stood up for me while I was argueing with her. She told him well there's the door. I said don't tell him that, and we will go to Alabama and she won't see our son again. She thinks she can see him though through *grandparent rights*. I am so sick of living here. My mom used to never be like this, I don't know why she is now. I had a feeling she didn't like my husband. Maybe, because I'm married now and have my own family. I don't know. I want to live in Indiana so bad, but I don't have the money to move into our own place yet. I'm about ready to move to Alabama with his family. They treat us a lot better then we get treated here. What would you do? Help!

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 33yrs • M •
acoulter09 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well my grandma lives with me my dad my mom and my two brothers and sometimes i can see where your coming from. My grandma absolutly worships the ground that her son (my dad)walks on and at least once a day she and my mom get into a fight but we cant kick her out because my dad would feel bad. I know your situitaion of you wanting to leave and mine is of us wanting her to but still. After 15 years of it all i can figure out is that keeping quite when and argument happens is good and then go talkt ot hem when there calm you will get so much more accomplished and you wont have to worry about your throat hurting later. Also it helps if you agree with them and then make a point that way you seem valid and they can't disagree. For instance if your brother comes back saying he wants the channels you can say "yes i enjoy thos channels too but i enjoy my dinner better and i know you do too so wouldnt you rather eat a meal than watch a movie on tv?"
Just my advice

`Acoulter

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy