Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Your sacred cow

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your sacred cow
Your sacred cow is something you will not slaughter or let others slaughter. It could be an object, an idea, a person etc. You won't let anyone play around with the way you see it. For example, Jesus, a child's innocence, or 9/11 (no one will joke around; it must remain a serious topic.)

What's your sacred cow?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 41yrs • F •
srsdreams is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
my child

"we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sex Crimes, Mental or Physical Disabilities, Childhood Innocence, and my viewpoint on life.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The way I see myself, my opinions, things I create, pedophiles, and especially BATMAN!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My "Great War." The situation with the person I love most in the world. My feelings towards sex crime victims.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my family

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nothing

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It vastly depends upon context. I'm a very religious guy but I'm not bothered by religious humour. I even find some of it funny. Actually it's observational humour that bugs me. That sort of humour that asks to to join in and commune with others with your mutual belief in some stereo type. I don't mind humour that is controversial or challenging. I wasn't offended by the brass eye pedophilia special (a satirical parody of a documentary on pedophilia that caused a stir in the uk). Humour that serves the social function of re enforcing group dynamics however. Binding the 'us' together in our mutual criticism of the 'they'. Humour that in malicious. This I despise.

Jokes that are only half jokes but in actuality ways of reenforcing 'truisms' (beliefs that people hold by convention such as sexism or racism). I do not accept these as healthy. Yet I find blond jokes fairly funny. Probably because no one intends that they be taken seriously.

Your sacred cow
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy