Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Shrooms

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Shrooms
I'm not positive this is the right forum for this thread but I think any philosopher or pshycologist needs to change his/her reality to truly understand what reality even is. I don't know if there are any other trippers out there but I have had some pretty interesting experiences with magical mushrooms. I reguard them higher than just a drug, almost as teachers as I always learn something about myself after I reflect on my trip. I am going to share one of my experiences on mushrooms and if anyone else has any interesting stories, I'd love to hear them.

The last time I tripped I had eaten 5 grams of dried shrooms and began my trip at a campfire near my house. I was tripping with 2 of my friends who had also eaten 5 grams themselves. It was a cold evening and so my friends and I went back inside my house. I found that I wasnt happy with anything I was doing, video games didnt make sense and nothing was fun to me. My mom came home after a few hours in search of something to do and in a panic I told her I was going to my friends house to avoid confrontation (yes I drove while tripping on mushrooms, sue me.) I took a back road by my house for a quiet place to lose my mind with my pals but I still wasnt content with what I was doing. I soon realized that I couldnt remember anything about my past and for some strange reason, I was in search of pleasure. I honestly had no idea what pleasure was and dedicated that night to finding it. After a half hour of getting gas, smoking cigarettes and looking for something to do, we decided to go to friends house who was having a small party. Once arrived, I was constantly in question of the actions of everyone at the party. Everyone seemed fake. It was this very night that I realized that a true fulfillment of mine was finding the truth in things. Me and my one friend talked for an hour or two about philosophy and looking back I felt sort of like a Socrates to a Plato. Plato being the eager mind and Socrates knowing the questions to ask to lead Plato to a conclusion. This night made me fascinated enough to explore the world of philosophy and here I am today.

If you've never done shrooms, I highly suggest them. They are a learning tool for me and just enjoyment for others. If you're straight edge, thats cool too... but not as cool as doing drugs

"The truth will set you on fire"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've had experiences quite similar to yours but had to sort of keep it inside because my friends at the time weren't the type who enjoyed philosophical chats. This was spread out over a span of about five months though and wasn't very enjoyable on the whole.

There were a lot of realizations (at least I think so) about the people around me. Regardless of how hard I tried to make it a pleasant experience, I found I couldn't keep my focus off of the possible motives for people's behaviour, and as I watched my friends I felt like I could see right through them; who was trying to impress who, who was trying to make someone jealous, who was telling a lie. I very rarely felt I witnessed a genuine moment. and generally it wasn't very pleasant. Everything did seem really, really, almost unbearably fake.

It kind of messed me up a bit actually, it made me feel more disconnected socially (which was the last thing I needed) and permanently changed the way I see people. But on the bright side, I enjoy learning about philosophy and religion much more than I used to. And if you really want reality to turn upside down, shatter, and squish itself together again (but possibly ruin your life in the process ), try LSD. Drugs are definately controvercial, risky and a different experience for everyone, but I think they have the potential to enrich your life if you use responsibly.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I sometimes get moments like that when I think I understand what everyone's motive behind their actions is. This usualy lasts about 5 minutes, and after that im part off 'them' again. I've never taken shrooms and LSD but I plan to.

36yrs • M
I totally agree with you disenchented. I feel like I can see right through people's motives, and often times I'm right. Maybe its a sixth sense? But more importantly I wanted to inform anyone who wants to try LSD NOT TO DO SO. LSD today is not what it was in the late 60's, early 70's. In fact, the LSD today isn't even LSD. I know someone who is still in therapy because of supposed 'LSD'. If you think I'm crazy, look up the chemical called 'strych nine', im not positive on the spelling, but that is what people are passing off as LSD today. It's effects are similar to that of LSD but this stuff damages your brain MUCH more. Today, I honestly don't think true LSD exists. It is a long and tedious process to make LSD and not many have the means or intelligence to do so. So please be careful as to what you put in your body and by no means should you ever do LSD today. I'm just trying to keep the general public informed, be safe and have fun

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley I think not sure of the exact spelling. But, in it he talks about the benifits of mescaline usage and the effects on people. But my experience with drugs is interesting and has definitely altered the course of my life. I learned a lot of things particularly how to enjoy life. As well as removing insecurities and fears. I don't know if it has helped me because I don't know what life would be like had I not done drugs. To be honest that is the real problem with them is the fact it's so unpredictable. Certain people it doesn't really affect them at all and others well it messes up their whole life. But, hey that's just life, you never know.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M
drugs without responsibilty make you no better than the crack head in the alley way.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya disenchanted and chris, I know what that feels like-although I only smoke hash etc-the greatest insights of my life have been thru mediation(on hash). I can clearly see through people all the time now, wat they are doing, the reason behind it, how they must be feeling etc. However that said, u can never truly know a person, so it is better not to simply 'judge' a person.
I agree that only mushrooms should be tried, as they are completly natural and for a large part harmless.

I would suggest that ppl should meditate, especially those who are on a high, as that amplifies the experiance a thousand fold leading you to experiance the greatest and deepest mysteries of nature.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M
I'd like to hear your method of meditation angel. I've heard many different techniques and tried them all and I'm still not sure I'm doing it right. hehe.

35yrs • M •
Everything can be a mediatation, I don't have any 'techniques' now, though they have to be employed in the beggining. I suggest that you start of with mediations in which you use your imagination etc, which can easily be found in various books.

I persoenlly 'look into myself', trying to figuire out who am I, or rather what am I....the hight of which has been catching glimpses of what god is, of what we are.

If you have a strong sense of kind of sometimes not knowing what you truly are, get into meditation seriously, not as a one of thing.

36yrs • M
im assuming you believe in the saying 'to know yourself is to know God'. I forget who says that..

35yrs • M •
Almost every single religion in the world says that as its innermost core. The Quran mentions that 'God is nearer to you than your jugular vein', Hinduisim infact talks about the union between God and us in great detail, even in christianity you see how Christ became One with God. However rituals have been given more imprtance, as a result of which people who could understand the deeper meaning of religion are driven away by the lack of tolerance that most religious people have.

Shrooms
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy