Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

South Park & Censorship

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
themuslim is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
South Park & Censorship
Alright, I am not sure how many people knew this, but this week on Comedy Central they were supposed to show an image of Mohammed on the show known as South Park. There was a lot of build up on whether or not Comedy Central would allow this episode to air uncensored or if they would just back out of it in final mile.
I of all people believed there would be no way Comedy Central would back out of showing the image of Mohammed in a cartoon since a couple of years back they did so on another south park episode. In that episode they portrayed Mohammed in a team kind of like, the Justice League with several other religious 'icons'.
Well, in the irony which is South Park, this particular episode was all about this exact subject. Weather or not a TV station, in their case 'Fox', should allow the image of Mohammed to be shown on their hit show 'Family Guy.' This episode of South Park was created in two parts and was supposed to conclude this week with the image of Mohammed shown for the first time on American TV since the controversy arose. Well to everyone's surprise, or just mine, the image was not shown. Instead, there was a black screen which explained what Mohammed was doing but did not show his image!
Of all the networks in the media and all TV shows out in our 1,000 channel world, I was sure that finally South Park and Comedy Central would cross the line and do, what I believe, needed to be done.
I was hopping, that even with all the 'terrorist actions' of the Muslim protesters around the world, and the current 'PC' climate of the US media, that Comedy Center would not conceded and create history by standing up for what all logical people out there knew needed to be done (to understand what I mean by 'terrorist actions' you might need to watch the episode.) But alas they caved in and no image was shown, the 'PC' conservative right won out again!
Really it is a said day, when South Park, of all shows, is censored. This week we reach that previously unthinkable scenario. For shame Comedy Center, for shame!

-The Muslim Zionist – Out!

blog entry:
http://www.themuslimcorner.com/mc/content/view/2159/58/

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Was it really comedy central censoring that scene? It seemed a little too intentional and fitting for the show for it to have been edited by the network.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
South Park & Censorship
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy