Truth is like the foundation of a building. To cover its lack up, you can build over it. But that only hastens the inevitable collapse. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Two girls, one choice.

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RocketTed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Two girls, one choice.
Okay I am going out with this one chick Adreanne and we are in an okay relationship but it isn't really good. We havn't kissed or anything yet we've gone out for 4 months. Also she's in a grade ahead of me and we're in 2 classses together.
Though there is this other chick Alyssa whom I have started talking to recently and i think if we were together we could have a better, more open relationship with each other.
Here's the problem, me and Adreanne have been friends for a long time not BF/GF but you know, friends and I don't want to hurt her by breaking up. Yet I also want to ask Alyssa out by the end of school, June 1st.
HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!! URGENT!!!!

"Bad things to hear in a submarine: "Captain, the flooding put out the fire!!""
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who do you think cares about you more? That is the person you will hurt the most if you break up with her. But what do you care about? Do you want to risk it with Alyssa who you don't know much about or go with someone you feel more steady with. Up to you.

And high school dating is so chaotic. Most couples don't stay together.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh man you're lucky this switch is easy on scale with others. Ok I'm going to tell you how do to this but in order for it to work you must do exactly what I say. Now at the first possible oppourtunity(when things are comfortable) ask Adreanne how long you have been going out for? Ok now after her answer ask her how long you have been friends for? Now put the whole blame on yourself and say something like I thought that I would be able to care for you in the way one cares for his gf but I was wrong and wish that I can care for you again like a friend. Now this leaves three options. Option A she agrees, this is probably the best possible thing to happen. Option B she asks you why. In this case simply say something like you don't really know but I just have this feeling that tells me that we were never really meant to be. Option C She completely disagrees. She starts argueing why you should remain together. In this case you're on your own but remember try not to blame her be like I'm immature or something I don't know use some quick thinking.

Now after this ask Alyssa out in the next few days. This has the rebound effect of he dumped her for me. Don't wait till June 1st.

Now between you and adreanne things will get awkward but, if things go smoothly or even not that smoothly still say hello and some small talk. Reason being "the grass always seems greener on the other side". You might after dating Alyssa for a few months completely regret your course of actions.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the only problem with the "he dumped her for me" line of thought, is it can leave a worry in the girls mind of "would he do the same to me, if he find a girl he likes more". but the choice is yours rocket.

your other option, is that you try and work on your current relationship, what would adreanne do if you tried to kiss her, or tried to be more open with her? if it is her who is avoiding making contact in that way then you may be better changing partner, but if it is you who is preventing it, what is to say you wont act exactly the same with way with alyssa. as for not seeing adreanne in class, my gf and i go to the same school, but we dont have any classes together. we see each other at break and lunch. how much do you see her out of school? how much would you see alyssa?

there are lots of things to think about when doing this kinda thing.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I got to disagree. Some girls love a chalenge. They'll think where she has failed I will succeed. That's just human nature. You try and fix something and you're unsuccessful. Quite often when someone is watching they'll reply, "let me see maybe I can fix it."

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
true, i have seen both situations.

update on the actual situation would be good

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
Two girls, one choice.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy