I will always have the soft voice of the sea - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Was Jesus Black - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
Mind_of_Life is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think that this is a very dumb question...im surprised that it is being asked now...i figured it would hav been asked along time ago...but...the relevence of this question is alomost 0 .....ppl are so ignorant and too critical of Jesus...if you are a christain...you dont even worry about these fundamental mind questions.....and if you arent a chistian....then stop lookin for things to knock on Jesus for....skin color?....come on...this is a philosophy forum....you want to try to boggle ur mind with the deep discusion of the color of Jesus?...pssh...lol.....c'mon.....Jesus was Jewish....if you wanna know what color he was....go to Jerusalem ...find a jew....check his skin color.....

-knowledge

35yrs • F •
Taiyondae is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thats an IGNORANT way of thinking. And it doesnt matter what colour Jesus was. I doubt Jesus even cares about colour! He could have been black, eygpt was FULL OF MIXED RACED PPL. Just like how most eygptions were black a few white, there were quite a few black jews! He could have been black....and jews are not technically white ya know? They are more mixed...more on the white side but thick indian asian roots. Know ya stuff before ya speak.

"Stupidity is not a virus, but idiots can spread it like one."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
jesus would have been tanned because of where he lived, but he may also have been black. There are alot of scriptual references that hint towards the fact that he isnt black, but he most certaintly would have had a darker skin colour

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One!......Historically...according to the history books, All of where the jews populate now...I.E..the middle east is Africa (Ethiopia, Eden, Kush).......the middle eastern (tanned,black) man is the descendant of the first man whose complextion was a curley haired, dark skinned creature. The middle east only got populated by the caucasian in the past few hundred years because of war and integration.......In ancient times it wouldn't be impossible for a caucasian man to fit in with the egyptians, because egypt was a mecca of multiculturalism like many of our cities today....debating on the color of a man is pointless, because it doesn't matter!....you guys are seriously troubled in your lives or something to be debating about something so fruitless....does it really matter?....the flesh dies! The only thing that counts is Action and education, and understanding, and Relationships....

"Being is not knowing!"
 38yrs • M •
Alright then here's the answer.....Jesus is what we know today as Black!!!.....In order to create a religion a fallacy has to be created...and the creation of christianity surrounds a whole bunch of fallacy....yes, there was a man named Jesus on this earth...Yes Jesus is the son of the Creator...Yes, christianity is false because it depends on the belief of a being and not the acceptance of universal relationship without the presence of a being...but the presence of love as the only living being. Jesus's color is one of antiquity, it took the caucasian a qood period of time to be able to settle properly in the heated environment of the east before they could adapt properly....the Ethiopian man(black skinned) as history itself has factualized is the basis for all humanity....through the generations where David would hold his place, and where Jesus would come from, you would realize that all these persons dwelt in Africa... The known africa before the seperation a few hundred years ago....Like I said before, War and integration has created these so called countries.....Land was known as land according to the people that dwelt there.....now a country is known by its borders........And as stated in revelation...the book which alot of christianity is based on...the son of God has feet the color of burnt bronze...I don't see a caucazian man with feet the color of dark brown unless it's covered by some serious dirt.....If you don't believe that history has been tampered with in order for the slavery of the mentality of man, then you'll constantly be debating a foolish idea to whether jesus was black or not..... If you don't see yourself as a pawn of world dicatators through time who've implanted lies in the minds of it's people then you're blind to your own reality.....A true christian will never believe this though, because a true christian is firm in the belief of Jesus as God...and not firm in the wisdom that there is not Jesus, but just God...and God (as it says in the same bible) is LOVE!!!!.....Not Jesus...who was a dark skinned, nappy headed man....

"Being is not knowing!"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
such a long topic, jesus did not die, was a prophet, he'll be coming back soon, he wasnt black, his hair was goldenish, and to be frank it really doesnt matterwhethor he was blue, as long as he preached the oneness of god as he did. end of topic.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 38yrs • M •
"The rest of your post is not necessary. I do not know whether Jesus was black and neither do you... however your statements indicate a probability that he was, indeed, black. Therefore, it is irresponsible and in fact sinful to worship a white Jesus... for a white jesus is indeed a false idol... which breaks one of Jesus' commandments.

This is why although one may believe in the love that Jesus preached, the concept of Christianity as being anything less than a sacrifligious cult is an outright lie... for their beliefs are based on falsehoods.

Therefore, if one accepts homosexuals, and sees Jesus not as a white man but as a concept (or even a black preacher) then they are most certainly not Christian. They should actually loathe and denounce Christians...not out of hatred but just as you would denounce a rapist for raping and holding within himself no regret."

^^I agree with you 1000000000%.......if we worshipped a black jesus it still wouldn't matter because whichever way it goes it's an idol!......worshipping a man, is idol worship........and babygurl how can you know if Jesus's hair was golden?... did you meet him face to face and see it?.....we can't live in the past, we can see bits and pieces of it through our bits and pieces of history but we can't fully see into the past.......I don't care what color the man was....really i don't....I can tell you what History states...which is what I did.....the only thing I can say is that Religion on a whole is False and complete idol worship... Worshippers of stone, gold, wood, silver, crosses, superstars, men & women.......Religion is stupidity.....literally....the only thing there is in life, is relationship....!!!!!!...that's it!!!!

"Being is not knowing!"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
whats an awful life, to live for just that.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 32yrs • M •
Broham is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Isaiah 53:2b, “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.” All this tells us is that Jesus' appearance was just like any other man's â€' He was ordinary-looking. Most of the images we have of Jesus are probably very inaccurate. Jesus was a Jew, so He likely had very tan skin, dark eyes, and dark hair. This is a far cry from the blond-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned Jesus in most modern pictures. The better question is where did the races come from, eh? I only read about him splitting the people in different parts and changed their tongues...aka languages...this was so they couldn't finish building the temple...never said anything about creating different races, that's as close as it gets.

"As I have come to find out, people will do anything."
 65yrs • F •
specialK2 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Would it be so devastating to the white race ,if jesus was indeed of black origin?

"it is what it is"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As far as I'm aware none of the noteable historians mention Jesus. If he was as remarkable as the scriptures say then you would think that there would be mention of him. So its like asking: are faries black?

Of course - some of you may know more than me. If thats true and I'm wrong then speak up...

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why does it matter what skin color a man like Jesus may or may not have had? I thought it was all about his message and work.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus is in the "Line of David" which is in the Line of Solomon and Moses and all...

Well... Moses was raised in Egypt... a decidely black nation of people... only the most Euro-centrirc minded people fail to recognize Egypt as Northern Africa and of course being 4000 years ago being a black nation of people...

Moses not only was raised as a prince of the land but was able to hide among the people when on the run...

Solomon is quoted in the scriptures as saying "I'm Black but I'm comely..."

Meaning of course I'm handsome...

The Jews who wandered out of the desert into Egypt in the begining were less than 300 people... when they left they were in the thousands... and it was 400 years later...

They intermarried and intermingled their faith tradition... they left with a new national god and if they didn't have it before they had the color of the landscape of their adoptive home...

And so did their most famous son... Jesus...

And if it doesn't matter... then it DIDN'T matter... and then it doesn't...

Because it's true... and always was... more important is why lie about it...? Those answers are obvious and playing that card is boring... and obvious

The fact that the Jews had no National God when they arrived in Egypt and left 400 years later with one that exactly resembled the God of Light "Amon Ra"... of Egyptian Lore is more important by far...

Because even if Jesus isn't Black... His God is...

So where has all the "Black Brillance" gone now...? Bling Bling? ha' ha' ha'

Couldn't resist that....

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the Bible is a story book,and nothing more.Constantine put the gospels that HE wanted in it.he put the gospels that made Jesus look most divine into it.it is not a book of facts.every gospel(some that were not even in the Bible) had a diferent veiw on Jesus,whether divinity or appearance or relationship.even if the Bible flat out said "Jesus was a black man",we would still not know for sure.we dont know now,and we never will.not me,not you,not your parents,not even the super-christian down the street.not untill we die at least.and even then,what if there is no god or heaven? then i guess we are fucked.believe me,if there was a way to know for sure(other than suicide),i would be all over it.but there aint.i have come to live with that

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 49yrs • M •
bodhi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I too have lived in egypt and studied at Cairo University. And almost all the males or females, adult or child are tan in nature. It is due to the region and alot of your facts are wrong. Jesus or yeshua has it was pronunced back then was a decendent of david. David being hebrew as were hebrews back then, tanned in nature. He was not white so lets not depict him as one. He was not black so lets not do that either. He was hebrew and looked like a hebrew. Any pictures you see of christ were done almost a thousand years after his death. He was not anglo-saxon and did not look like one. Period. The oldest known picture of christ dates back to around 700a.d. and he is depicted with short curly hair and has tanned skinned. Other than that one picture he has always been portrayed as a white man. Not true!

"forever i will be... only my form will change..."
Was Jesus Black - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy