It takes one tree to make 10,000 matches, but one match to burn 10,000 trees - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Media has it All

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Media has it All
There're some dumbass motherfuckers in this country. I was watching the news the other morning when they announced that the tenth church in Alabama had been burned down. They then said, and I quote (iI'll never forget it), "Police think there may be a connection."

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it took them ten churches to work that out, that must be a record.

its porbably a union of biology teachers doing it, cos they're not allowed to teach evolution, they have to teach intelligent design. (which makes you wonder what intelligence designed the alabama state police?)

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that syrcadalena is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Still, violence is not the right way to protest religion. There's ways to do it without destroying property. If anything, burning down a church is just going to get it's members to stick closer together and be more willing to fight for their beliefs. Violence will be responded to with violence. That's just the way the world works.

Approaching the situation for a rational point of view is the best idea, imho. Hatred is rarely a positive force.

"For each time mankind progresses, man himself regresses."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've been wondering about this story and I haven't found the connection and my memory isn't that good.

But NPR was talking about this group of churches in the South that strongly supported Bush. The story was interesting because it was a group of black churches, and then shortly after that you hear about these churches being burnt down in La, mostly black churches.

Could these be the same churches and could it be because they claimed to support Bush? I wonder.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
The Media has it All
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy