A good friend will get you out of jail, a best friend will be sitting beside you saying, dam that was fun! - brann22
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Right or Wrong - Good or Bad - Righteous or Evil

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is it all about.

Did we really do something wrong or did we really do something right or did we just imagine it. We think we know the differance, most of us agree. But then most of thought slavery was ok, women shouldn't read and the world was flat - so how do we really know for sure?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We don't. Based upon things that have happend to you that you like and dislike you form a set of morals and believe every one should abide by them. However, every one has different likes and dislikes even though there are many common ones. Most people don't like getting hit in the face. Some of us do though. But for most of society, fighting isn't condoned.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is nothing about it. There's no gurantee that what you're doing is right or wrong. I just use my best judgement at a particular moment. I can't be rediculed for something I didn't know was wrong nor will I be praised for something I didn't know was right. I can live with that.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I can't be rediculed for something I didn't know was wrong nor will I be praised for something I didn't know was right. I can live with that.

Do you really live this way. When someone hits you in the face or someone insults you, do you really just say "O well he just thinks thats ok" ?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You could say I draw a line. Someone pushes past the line I push back. Someone hitting me for instance would draw past the line. You can't let someone feel that pushing you past the line is ok or else they get comfortable there. Sometimes too much balls in sticking up for yourself isn't worth it but sometimes it is. I like to select the best judgement at the particular momment.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think, and other theologians have said this - some or the things Jesus tells us to do, he's referring to the kingdom of heaven. I think however it is a template to aim for.

Every situation has a different solution and a fool would refuse to be flexible.

Gahndi has proven that non-volience is successful - however, don't tell that too a woman married to an abusive man, in many cases it is when she stands up to him he stops. There have been times in my life that I have lost my temper and things have improved for the better.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
personally, i am not sure i would like there to be universal, empirical principles of 'right' and 'wrong'. i think i prefer the gray area. it makes decisions more meaningful. besides, if there were i wouldnt be able to circumstantially rationalize my bad decisions.

"dont got one"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy