Holding onto anger is like grasping onto a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else. You are the one who gets burned. - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Ignorance: acceptable? - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
how can we stop judging everything?

Judging is useless. Simply let thigs be. There is no need to judge people, labelling the cartoonist as 'bad' isn't very mature for examply, as they must have various good aspects in their personality. When you judge your persception becomes narrow, if someone does something idiotic like dancing in the middle of the street, there is no need to label him as a stuipid moron.

Regarding the abundancy of information, you should have a general know how of all the various fields. You should know what physics is all about etc, what is going on presently in the world-politcs, why people behave in a certain manner-psycology, etc. There is no need to go into the details I think.
However, you can't have enough knowledge of all the sciences, so yes you may have to sacrifice some areas in favour of areas morfe of your interest.

In the end though, you can gather as much information as you want, but that is not the imortant thing, of more importance is what you yourself learn from life-which will help you grow maturer.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That still desn't answer how we stop judging. We all have certain values that we stick to. There's a difference between judging and not thinking about the person's cirumstances and judging while considering circumstances.

ex: he is acting agrresive. This man is violent and should be avoided.
OR
ex: he is acting aggressive. He has family and financial issues and has not slept well last night. He should be dealt with kindly.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Ignorance: acceptable? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy