Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Help me lie to my parents about a girl?

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 35ft Lemon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I got this girl to go out with me and we've both agreed to tell our parents that we're going to see a movie, but we're really going to walk around town all night. My parents would kill me if they found out about this and I dont have any ideas on what we could do anyways. So somebody help me with the ideas and give advice on how to keep this a secret. Much thanks!

"Midnight Is Where The Day Begins"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Umm don't tell any one... and wear masks...

"Dark and silent and complete."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well you could either actually tell the truth. Or come up with a good cover story in case they ask about the moive and stuff. Definlly make sure your not caught by someone that would rat you out so as Ancient said maybe wear masks

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tell the truth but in such a way that you make them fell there's nothing wrong happening here. If you get caught lying then they blow the whole thing out of proportion because they're going to think that you didn't want them to know about it. So it's all about your attitude. If you tell them the truth and make it seem like it's not a big deal then and only then you can have the best of both worlds.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your parents are pennicostal huh.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 33yrs • M •
So I should tell a white lie and make it seem like nothing happened. Sounds like a good plan (more reasonable than wearing masks). But how am I to set this image of "Oh well we just walked around the block" into their heads? And I still dont know some good ideas to do around town, we just thought it would be more fun than just sitting in a silenced room for two hours.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why are you going to walk around town without anything to do? A movie date actually sounds like more fun to me...

Do you have a park where you live? I don't suggest hitting up a park at night if you live in a crappy area, but if you know of any nice, suburban areas of town, parks a way fun at night. especially swingsets

and if you want to lie to your parents, you better scrape up some ticket stubs out of the garbage at the theater or something.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I don't know what your parents are like but the way I'd do it is this. Just go for a walk and when your parents ask you, "how was the movie?" just say we decided to go for a walk instead. They have one of two reactions. Either A they won't be mad or B they will. If they are just be like I don't see what the big deal is with walking around. If they give you you should have told us be like next time I will. Make them feel like their still good parents and you can do whatever.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 33yrs • M •
God I love this site! Jones you're the definition of brilliance, and nice thinking with the ticket stubs mindfields. The reason I dont lke movie dates is b/c you're constricted to silence for two hours and you cant really interact with your date. So.....I thought of this, if you have any better ideas anybody I would greatl appreciate it. Thanks you guys

34yrs • M •
Bucksnack is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hahaha

"I hate the Alliance. Night Elves disgust me as well. :)"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
movie dates do kinda suck a bit on that fornt, but walking around may also be a bit of a drag, going out for a meal is always good and can last about an hour or so, but you can still chat, but does require slightly more financing than walking round. i think the "we just went for a walk" idea is dependent on when you go out, if it is in the evening then your parents are likely to be less impressed.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Accelerate time by 3 years and go out for drinks, drinks are always good.

Go do something interesting walking around is all good and well but how long and far can you walk before you run out of conversation? Go to a museum or somewhere that will cause interesting conversation.

Oh and lying to your parents unless they are stupid is unwise kids always think their parents are blind deaf and dumb remember they are more experienced and have probably done what you are thinking about doing before

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
parents aren't stupid, though accepting that they will automatically realise what you intend on doing and will outsmart you is wrong.

i would however suggest that lieing to them is best avoided.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy