If you're a sexist, racist, homophobe, or basically an arsehole, don't buy this CD. I don't care if you like me, I hate you. - Kurt Cobain
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

How Long Have You Been Thinking?

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Since the summer of 8th grade. i was 13.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Since I was 10 or 11. I prayed one night that god would grant me wisdom. It seems ever since then I am always thinking about philosophy.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I suppose I'm a relatively young thinker. Probably since I was about 15.

"How am I not myself?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ill assume you mean introspectively/philosophically.

i started in second grade, which is very early im aware. the reason for this is due to a major surgery i had. the time it gave me and the questions that arose from it forced me to think a lot. i was in a full body cast and stuck in a bed for several months. i had nothing to do except contemplate things. by third grade all the kids had started to socialize more and play sports. during recess i simply sat on a bench and continued thinking. its just grown more each year since then.

youd think with all the time ive spent id have some answers about things by now but alas, i simply have more questions.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
well, i meant abstractly and "out of the box". not nececcarily philosophy. just deep, true thought.
and i am sorry, but i dont think you were actually thinking, more like wondering.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well your question was extremely vague. if you want abstractly, outside the box... i would probably say end of sixth grade. by then i had realized a lot of things about myself and the world around me and i was starting to formulate my own ideas and concepts.

"thinking" begins very early in life, but there are all sorts of processes. i consider contemplating/wondering a form of thinking, which is why i answered the way i did.

i still maintain that i was a very deep thinker from at least fourth grade. most of my peers were concerned about their upcoming soccer match while my close friends and i contemplated our own mortality, and discussed different theories about the universe that were loosely based on Star Trek TNG episodes we had just watched. but again, it wasnt until around sixth grade that i had some good solid ideas of my own.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Since 8th or 9th grade.

"He who does not question is lost."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd say in 1997, when I was 9.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Gr.10 so that's what 15

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
as long as I can possibly remember which was I believe 1st grade...

no one that I recall, ever really thought like me [wasn't a typical grade school kid] I've always been an out of the box thinker

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
(scratches her head)..... thinking......
hmm that sounds intrestin

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, as far as just thinking deeply, I probably have been since I was about 10 or so.

"How am I not myself?"
 35yrs • M
i dont remeber a time when i didnt.... ever since i started school?? yeah. i think so. pre-k. i didnt understand why i didnt get along with anyone. i thought they were all stupid and what they all did was retarded. i never wanted to be accepted. it just kinda happend.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sophomore year in High School, I had an English teacher that kicked me into gear and not only taught me a ton of stuff on Holocaustal Art, but philosophy, Poetry, Literature, and Society. I haven't stopped since.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy