So let me get this straight.......Your Honda has 1.6 liters and my bottle of Mountain Dew has 2? - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

American members i have a question for you

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do you consider yourselves european?

attolia and i have been debating about whether or not america and europe should be thought of as seperate entities or not.

i say that they should, though we agree on the fact that very little seperates america and europe apart form geography and a few national holidays. i also added that america fought to become seperate from europe.

so do you think you are just american or do you count as part of europe?

(if you have anything to add to the debate its in theorys/philosophy reply there. just a straight yes or no and a quick reason in here please)

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
so do you think you are just american or do you count as part of europe?

I'm sure its different for different people. Those with recent migrant history opposed to those with generations in America.

I think a general consensus might lead to the explanation or discription as mainly separate, but with european roots.

Europe is a mother land to many, but a distant relative. Almost a twin when referring specifically to the UK.

But no, not quite part of europe, but part of the "west".

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i consider myself american simply because i live here. i don't really identify with the label beyond that. i don't really think it makes sense to call myelf european simply because thats where my family is from. every person in this country has family from somewhere else, if you go back far enough. even people we call "native americans" came here at some point from elsewhere. if we were going to distinguish between americans and europeans, we would have to set some arbitrary cutoff point, like "if your family has been here 3 generations then you are american, but any less than that you are european." i say if you live in a country, pay their taxes and abide by their rules then that is what you are.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The answer is both since we did break off from the UK and are a seperate country but we do have deep roots in Europe and now asia and latin america but mostlly Europe. We share common things with Europe such as trade but that doesnt really make us Europe just becouse we trade we them. I guess the only thing that makes us like Europe is our history now that I look back on it all. The US could really become alot more like Europe in the future if it adopted some of its policys im sure there are some people other then me who would like to see us become a more civilized place like Europe.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just american. my ancestory goes back to germany, not europe. i dont consider myself german, but i would sooner submit to being german than european.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am a 2nd generation German. Grandparents came here after WW2 and my father was born there as well as my mutter. In my family we have a lot of german tradition, but most of it is the same as in america. But i concider myslef american, and america as seperate from Europe. We can buy gunS!!!! woot woot.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
idk it's hard to call, my dad's background is from asia and australia and my mom's is from england and ireland..

But I look nothing like a european.. Just the genes are inside me

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'd say leftwood got it fairly right, when he said it was a seperate place but with european roots.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy