Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Age relevency on CC - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am willing to admit that I am at the younger end of the age-spectrum here at Cynic. Regardless of my age, I think that my posts are based on an awareness of fact and sensible opinions, rather than the sophomoric ideals of many youngsters in today's Internet generation. That speaks for most of the people around my age. On that note, I do not feel that any of what most younger posters say here is read with bias based on the poster's age. Everyone here seem fairly objective. In fact, I rarely even see the amount of illiteracy here being heckled, compared to most online forums. And believe me, there is an abundance of illiteracy here at Captain Cynic (old or young).

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It would be pretty hard to write a post when you can't read or write.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is illiteracy here in the extent that a number of people on here have trouble spelling the longer words. or use internet slang instead of proper english to which i will admit being guilty at times.

but this forum does seem to be more serious than most. anyone who reads the topics down here is unlikely to join if they are the more immature youths. anyone making particularly stupid comments would just get it ripped out of them and if they were too ridiculous theyd get blocked. but mainly the forum contenet scares of the less mature, or at least keeps them from many of the sections.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have not found a forum where it is ok to talk religion and politics, most places its tabo or its strickly politics or religion.

Here we have freedom, I've looked, and I've not found a freer more open place to express myself. It is true that this place is made up of mostly young adults, but I believe that this is just because todays young adults are computer smart. Most of those from my generation are scared of the computer while it has fascinatated me.

I suspect that many who are young adults today will someday be middle age and will still come back here if Captain Cynic is still around.

This is simply an example of technology and younger people more able to adapt having grown-up with this technology, that's all it means.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You took the words right out of my mouth okcitykid. I am a "forum-freak." Hours upon hours can be wasted reading and writing in forums, but never have I found a place like Captain Cynic. It is a combination of the freedom and the strangely personal (to a point) connections that keeps me around here.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The Italian Hanger is a sexual position between male and female partner. The female either lies with her back on a surface (like a bed) or is held by the male. The female's lower body is suspended in the air, and makes no contact with the surface. The male, standing over her, penetrates her vagina in a downward motion. This position is called the Italian Hanger because the female's legs are spread apart, resembling a Italian clotheshanger.

person posting aged 14, think the smileys at the end of the post would suggest age does have some relevancy on the posts people make.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I used to come to this site a lot, and the majority of my online friends were over 30.... not particularly young in the context you are speaking, but coming back, i find a huge surge in young opinions, which is great. Everyone is entitled, its just a shame that the younger people seem to frown out the elders.

"my name says it all!"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
the younger people seem to frown out the elders.

And this is bad because?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Age relevency on CC - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy