The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. - Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX)
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Undeniable Logic

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Undeniable Logic
It is the only undeniable logical fact, that the only thing we can know for certain. Is nothing at all. Yes of course we have universality, in which most of our morals and values are derived.

The point being. What if not one of us is even close to understanding the truth of existence. Not even on the same page. What if Atheism, Christainity, Budahism, and so on and so forth, and none of these are correct truths. I then realized after this contemplation, that for me personally that, that statement is true. None of us has any idea what were talking about, here on Captin Cynic, or in any place were people talk of truth on the cosmos. I then realized, that at one point in history every idea on philosophy, relegion, and metaphyics, was a new idea. Then I realized that, that is what we need here. A brand new idea. It has sadly been put forth by many here, that there is no new ideas. But I feel there is. I feel there is an astounding bit of philosophy yet uncoverd. A new idea powerfull enough to help take man onwards towards mental/spirtual evolultion. I challenge everyone to find this idea.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ive known people from all walks of life and i must say that i whole heartidly agree with you. it is the people that shy away from doctrines while still having a deep sense of something greater than themselves that seem (to me) to have a much more profound outlook on life.

finding the "new" is much more difficult than simply applying what we learn to the old. and unfortunately people are lazy, very lazy.

what are some steps for people to take in finding this new idea for themselves?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What if the search for new truths leads us away from real truth? If we come up with somethng new how will we know it is any more valid than anything else previously known? What if all new philosophy has always been leading us farther away from truth?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do you think you have original theories?? (with the possiblity that itrs been tohguht of but you either just dont know or ont remember it being said simlarly to what your idea is).. can someone try to put an original theory here???? come on, just for the sake of comming up with an original theory (regardless of whether its true or not).. im sure if we try.. it might not be as hard to come up wioth original throy/ideas as it seems.. just take words ideas and think crazy no matter how far away from common sense it may be.. go beyond a theory that impresses everyone.. counter argue it think of ways to be cereative with your thoughts man..

i have many original theoires.. some are what you guys would see as very practical and not just for the sake of comming up with crazy original theories.. but rather some can be used in ethics ie: justification or maybe some ****** ***** to our actions.. i wont get into it all yet though..

fuck son of a bitch, i found out last night that someone thought of solipsism at the present moment.. there goes another one of my thought to be original theories.. doesnt matter i have sooo much more.. better than that one anyway in other ways (casue theres poeple that obviously thoguht of i only exist.. and peopel who say all ast just came into your memory now, so im not surprised that someone thouight of that)

share some of your original thoeires/.. dont tell me there's no one on here who hasn't tried to think for themselves (even if its gonna be technicly influenced form experience).. lets go beyond what has been thoguht of.. that is my goal in life.. i have a huge list of original theoires.. and i chek off the ones i found to be thoguht of.. but its ok caue i can come up with new ones as i learn other things in ohilosophy or by expanding organizing my ideas in an original way original theme working with.. anyone?? any possible original thoeires??

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the only thing we can know for certain is nothing at all. man, we dont even know if we know nothing.

"dont got one"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You take things we know to be true and you expand on them. It's like a pyramid. You start with the base and work you're way up. Sometimes you need to use assumptions as leaps to find the material in between( a sort of trial and error system). But, if nothings certain than what is certain? To me certain is the concept that it can't be unproven and there is much more evidence pointing towards proven. In law terms beyond a reasonable doubt.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jacker Jones

Yes I agree. However it is possible that some alien has given us all false information. Sort of like a Matrix thing. What you speak of, is called universality. Most agree on what we consider God is, or Morals are, or Values are. But we still have no certain truths.

Wholly

Yep........so therefore.......we know nothing.

Ethereal

That is a possibiltiy. However I am a current beliver in universality. Or that the common sense of things is in it's self self forgiveing. Better stated. "What God can blame me, if all I did was use common sense?"

Patape

I do have some, however it would take lots of typeing and I'm shure that like me most don't read really long posts, unless there diercted at me of course. Maybe in a PM ?

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sure! i didnt type mine for the same reason, but only if you have the time on your hands, well another reasson i didint type mine is being paranoid someone will take them.. but your theories are safe with me (if you want to you can copywrite them like i do (but i havent copywritten a lot of the newer ones.. just so you'l feel safe anyways.. but if you didnt its cool casue im interseted in it.. i a m happy with mine i wont want to take them.. peace

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I always feel that universality is just an umbrella to help block the rain of reality. When you apply concepts and see them work isn't that assurance enough. Why take such drastic means to help guard yourself from the harsh reality of life.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol this may be stupid, but when i read undeniable logic this came to mind.... if Money is Power and God is Power, therefore God is money... lol sorry.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
Undeniable Logic
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy