In reality the universe has no geometry. (The NSTP Theory as a Philosophical/Scientific Masterkey) - Kedar Joshi
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Munich

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Munich
I saw this movie last night and thought it was fantastic. There were some odd parts and it was a little long, but I thought it was very good. I'm not an expert on the incident at the Munich olympics and I don't know how Israel actually dealt with those terrorists afterwards, but I thought Spielberg made a thoroughly entertaining and fascinating movie. It really shows the scope of the conflict in Israel I think. Who knows what's gonna happen with Sharon dying now....

Anyone else see it? want to see it?

"How am I not myself?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I want to see it, probably will this weekend, along with Syriana, and renting The Constant Gardener.

They are all along the same lines, in terms of real events, conspiracy etc.

Plus, to be a little political, Fox News is bitching about them calling them all sympathetic to terrorists and therefore making me want to watch them more.

It makes me giggle, and nauseous, when Fox calls someone else biased.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Plus, to be a little political, Fox News is bitching about them calling them all sympathetic to terrorists and therefore making me want to watch them more.

It makes me giggle, and nauseous, when Fox calls someone else biased.

Most certainly.

"How am I not myself?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Geez, you could have mentioned that it was 3 hours long.

Good movie, nothing super spectacular but, on the point of Fox's bitching, this was a counter terrorism movie, idiots.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
movie looks good im going to try to go see it soon. Also looking forward to underworld evolutions. If you can would someone post a baic plot line without giving too much away please.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the way Munich was filmed was probably the most interesting aspect. it contained a lot of stylized angles and creative lighting effects. the attention to detail was also nice, the gunfire sound effects, the clothing, the furniture and knick knacks everywhere were all indicative of the time period.

the plot was put together unusually. the flashbacks and the timeframe of everything was very unclear, but perhaps this was done on purpose.

i felt that the movie lacked depth and the characters were hollow and one dimensional. the acting was very good, but characters were not given enough developement for the audience to obtain appropriate justification for their actions.

basically it felt like a mobster movie disguised as a politically driven drama.

8/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Munich
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy