A wise man considers that anything is possible, an enlightened one knows it to be. - ekimup
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Wheres Music going?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wheres Music going?
My friends and I are in a band and we play in the Hardcore scene. Then one day i thought, where is music going? So my fellow musicians and I thought about it. It seams that music goes through cycles. Right now its like the 80s. Instead of high pitch singing there is yelling. The music is basically the same as big hair metal, with solos and such. After hardcore, music might go back to swing then to punk again. I dont know what do you guys think?

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
music is entirely cyclical. record labels spend all kinds of money projecting where things will go next. i would say a new genre is on the rise. metal is gaining some slight popularity, traditional rock is here to stay but several new subcatagories are forming. emo has slowed, but itll be back in new forms.

could go a lot of places, i think generally people want faster, harder and more raw emotion though. after that itll go to some sort of classic throwback, with a tinge of emo.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Podslapper is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To me it seems like every 15 years or so there's sort of a musical explosion-- 1960s with the Beatles and all that, mid 1970s with the punk thing, and the early 1990s with the alternative scene. Maybe we'll see another one pretty soon.

"Hello, hello, hello"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The music industry is all about trends and is easy to predict. Usually the music will go big in Europe and then hit North America. So I'd say the next big thing is techno.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think people like to see new things like rock/emo i dunno its unpredictable and mostly lead by teenie boppers.

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
true but emo/rock was underground for a long time. Bleedingthrough was palying back in 1993. It may be pop now only becuase it came from the underground. Thats how things get strated any ways, new music, new trends; everything. In order for music to evolve, music needs to emerge from the underground, then get pop, then the underground once again. LIke the wilting of a rose, its beautiful yet it dies all the same. New music becomes known it turns pop then it fades away, though it fades, the music does contribute to the new development of music. For musicians take that and change it to make a new style or music theory. its evolution. thats just my opionion. whats yours?

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Music isn't born popular. It needs publicity to become popular so that's why it emerges from the underground.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lynnz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree. The publicity music gets stems from what the person who takes a slight interest in them; thinks and reacts to how the public will either embrace the sound or decline to another listen of that particular band.

But it depends on what type of music you`re following. An individual who say listens to hip hop or rap will of course go back to 2pac or whoever else had a major impact as musical movement [again within` those lines of rap, hip hop, etc] & then form an opinion of where music is going, excluding other music like rock, pop, or even country. Having they`re musical taste reflect this question and onto an analysis that therefore more or less leads to a conclusion.

From the 80`s up, & i`m still young, i know. But i`ve grown up around a 60`s-70`s Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Beatles so to me it`s easy to see how music evolved ever since then. But from the 80`s until now, the MAJORITY of music that has stuck around is of course, pop. With the catchy choruses that you can`t get out of your head for the life in you. And i think it`ll always be around. It may slow or speed up a little, get longer, shorter but as far as going anywhere, i really doubt that`ll happen before my time here is up.

All in all, it feels like music now is just at a standstill. Of course, depending on what type of music you generally listen to again. I can`t think of a band that has defined the 2000's+ yet. Like the beatles in the sixties, or Run DMC with Aerosmith, combining two genres and more than likely influencing artists today to collaborate with people outside of their norm. Music has no limits. As long as YOU let it..

"Keep your mind open so your thoughts are free to explore"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that, with the advent of the internet and the globalization of information, music has becoem so much of an intimate and subjective experience. The mainstream music scene may seem completely boring but that's just the tip of the iceberg and rarely defines the whole of music. Nowadays, with the absolutely revolutionary introduction of CD-Rs, music can be transferred from one hand to another quicker than ever imagined. What is local music one minute is soon heard by thousands of people, whether by CD-R or by internet download. The popular music scene used to reflect the emotions and ideals of a generation in a certain point of history. Just look at the protest music of the 1960s and 70s. Since lsiteners and musicians have cut out the middle man entirely, and since popular music is basically monotonous product-placement, music, in all genres, can take any direction it damn well pleases, and most likely will take all of them at once.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
Wheres Music going?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy