Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

About You

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xaej is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
About You
I recall a certain RPG called "Kingdom Hearts" by Square Enix. Early in this game you are asked 3 questions :
1. What is important to you?
---A. Being Number One.
---B. Friendship
---C. My prized possessions.
2. What are you so afraid of?
---A. Getting Old.
---B. Being different.
---C. Being indecisive.
3. What do you want out of life?
---A. To see rare sights.
---B. To broaden my horizons.
---C. To be strong.

I would like to know what your answers are to these questions, and should you feel kind enough to do so, please tell why. Allow me to begin :

1. B. What's the point in being number one? Once you get there, there's nothing left and therefore no reason to continue living. What's the point in prized possessions if you have no one to share them with. My father, for example, is always complaining about being unhappy. He then proceeds to buy something new, like a boat, motorcycle, etc. A few months later that object is sold because he is too ignorant to see past his lack of enjoyment, and simple objects cannot satisfy that.

2. C. I'm not truly AFRAID of this. I simply find that I become extremely uncomfortable when I am unable to form an opinion on something. I like being able to speak my mind and give input to something.

3. B. In my opinion, one can never know enough.

Well, what about the rest of you? What are you?

- Xaej

"I'm just a normal boy, that sank when I went overboard"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1. B becouse my friends are the ones who keep me going in this some what forsaken world.
2. C. becouse for one i dont care about the other two and becouse i need to be decisive or else who knows what will happen.
3. A becouse from seeing those I can learn much more then i can from just a book about those places.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1) A Being number one is important because with it i'd have both b and c. I could buy my friends and possessions. You're telling me a king(who I assume would be number one) has nothing to live for.

2) A Getting old to myself is seen as a step towards death.

3) B Everything's a rare sight and strength is overrated. Brains over brains baby.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1. C. my prized possesions are the most important thing i have. these things woul be my mind. my ability to think and my ability to percieve and presume with great accuracy. my freinds. i am not shallow, just willing to admit they are a possesion and one i value. if you lose something, that item is gone. that possesion is gone. same with freinds. freinds are items. and i prize them.

2. B. if i become to "different" i will no longer be human. being human is very importantt o me, because with out my humanity my prized possesions would leave and be replaced by other things. those things might be of malicious origin. i beleive so because i believe all humans are in nature "good". not indecisiveness because i am humiliated and know, not think, know, that i am ignorant and stupid in many ways. and if i find myself incapable of making a decision based on my lack of knowledge. i find that i am being wise and intelligent in understanding my weakness. i am ok with my weakness because if i try to get rid of it, that asperation might take control over me, and being controled is something i fear greatly.

3. C. all my knowledge and all my rare sights mean nothing if i cannot protect those i love and care about.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I played Kingdom Hearts too, so here's what I put:
1. B) Friendship. Who doesn't love friends? Being number one is so egotistical and prized possessions is materialism.
I remember I thought a long time about this next one. I almost picked 'C', but then I realized that I'm indecisive a lot and it's never bothered me a bit so I thought long and hard and realized:
2. A) Getting Old. To me, getting old means losing passion, youth, and all the things I love. And the whole impending death thing plays into hand, too.
3. B) To broaden my horizons. I'm always interested in new things, constant curiosity I suppose, so it seemed natural to choose B.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
About You
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy