Attempt to get a new car for your spouse -- it'll be a great trade! - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Getting Motivated

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
ullapool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Getting Motivated
How do I find some effort? I am a lazy bastard who just wants his cake to eat, and isn't bothered baking any. I like to make people smile, I like to have a good time, I like to be involved in community minded organisations, but i can't raise my sorry carcass to put in the effort. I just want an easy life and praise all round. What can I do to make the world perfect?

J

"All religion is only there to control free minds and suggest false answers to the unknowable. Release your mind, accept death and enjoy working with each other towards the creation of a true and attainable paradise on earth."
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Spending less time in forums is a start, but who am I to talk

The company you keep plays a roll in your activities. If your close friends who you feel the most comfortable around are lazy bums, naturally, you wouldn't feel inclined to act any different.
Find something to do that doesn't put you to sleep. If you are interested in your community you might try to look around for some volunteer opporunities. At the least, you will make a lot of contacts who can help you find a job if that is what you're looking for. Try spending time outdoors or exercising more frequently. A good self-image is key to feeling motivated. Meditation and yoga can turn even the most upside-down of people in the right direction.

The world can't be made perfect and life in general is NEVER going to be easy. You have to except THAT before you can move forward. Disappointment and failure are part of the process, unfortunately. Hell, they can be all the motivation a person needs to make the future better!

(it is really late, and I am really tired so excuse the lack of a spell-check) Hope this helped

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that deifiedslacker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
take a piece of cake, tie a string around it, and attach it to a stick. then, put the stick on your head. it's like one of those things in the cartoons where they do that with a bone and the dog is always running after it. hehehe. i'm just messing with you.

"I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
get off you god damn lazy ass and do some goddamn mother fucking jumping-jacks goddamnit!

sorry for the cussing,but cussing always motivated me.

DAMNIT!

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's all about balance. If you become too motivated then greed takes hold of you. If you lack motivation then sloth is inevitable.

See a nutritionist. Simple diet changes can slap you in motion. Instead of eating candy buy fruit. Eat smaller portions, less meat, and less sugar are three easy ways.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Have other people and obligations that will push you. If you've got a lot to do, you don't have time to be lazy. Then it can turn into a habit.

Exercise too.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
embarrassment is one of the easiest ways, or fear of it, if you will feel embarassed if you dont meet the deadline, or do a certain thing, then you are more likely to do it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Getting motivated means finding something you're passionate about. If you can't find any passion within yourself at the time then look for those who do show passion. Passion is incredibly contagious and soon you'll be doing the things you love with a fervor.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
Getting Motivated
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy