Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Pagan Religion??? or devilry - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wether its devilry or not it depends on what u no baout it, what u think about it, i myself again, am pagan and c no problem and does not counter christianity anymore than budism.

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know only a little bit about paginism. It is a title that covers a very broad area of beliefs and some of it was bad.

As far as what Christianity believes - that's a given. You have to understand the Christian teaching. You must be born again, if not, then you are not saved, and it would make no difference if you were mother theresa.

But there is much dissagreement within the Christian ranks about what saved, unsaved and born again means. Within parts of the Christian doctrine there is a belief that some people who are not saved will go to heaven, but it is a very small and mostly unaccepted belief.

I do acknowledge that there is an evil in this world and I know very little about it but do wish to learn more - for no other reason than curiosity, and maybe learning of it, we will learn not to be decieved by it, as evil is considered to be the great deciever.

I believe that learning more about Paganism can teach you more about evil, as it is an earth religion. It does not worship God, but nature or nature is its God. In nature there is good and evil. Both the dolphin and the shark swim together.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
In another post okcitykid u said to me, that i havnt read the bible (wich i had) so i canot understand. I am pagan and belong to a masive pagan community. There is no evil watso eva. If u want to look for evil then look else where u will only find peace

64yrs • M •
What I said was "ya whatever" What someone else posted, they should not have. Nevertheless, I still don't believe you read the bible. I have no doubt that you read a part of it and so you can say you read it and I base that on the appeaance that the context of your posts don't appear to be biblical, yet severly critical of the bible. Could I be wrong, certainly, I've been wrong before and I can be wrong again, I'm not without error and don't claim to be, now what that has to do with the pagan religion I really haven't a clue. Seeing that you have read the bible, maybe you can quote me a scripture that ties this together?

39yrs • M •
how can u quote that pagan is not devilry from the bible since in the bible it is. This thread sint about he bible, i know all the matthew mark luke and john passages and what they meen, i know the all the carmalites and so forth, dont doubt me i prbably know alot more than u think.

64yrs • M •
U are right - this is not about the bible, this is about Paganism, so why did you bring it up?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think it is faarrr more evil to label a shark evil (espcailly if you believe it will go to hell from your false precopncieved notion) than the shark is actaully 'evil'.. man christians who believe in the bible use little common sense, and use it only in agreement with the bible.. so will beleive all these horrible things that the bible says.. ie: animals dont have souls (im not to sure if anything has a soulk whatever that is defined.. but IF humans have souls then so do animals maybe evn mor so.. thats gogin by my perhaps god given moral instinct.. if i followed christianity and there was a judging god of some sort.. i would be pttied in some way for that.. i almost cant beleive some of these seeminly narrow minded christains thinknig of things not according to the bible then arent true.. the morals came from us inputted in bible

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
[quote] U are right - this is not about the bible, this is about Paganism, so why did you bring it up?

It has every thing to do with the bible, and all other religions as i originaly asked wether you thought it was evil o a religion, as i am generaly interested as i am pagan. Correct me if im wrong patape but from what i read i agree, that christianity and catholics are narrow minded as they always agree with the bible, and anything else is wrong, or ridiculed, and its so true, god did thave any input into the bible, it was us that had the image of something good and put it into the bible, hmmmm, i think we should find a new good, follow morals,

as for the thread, when has a pagan done anything bad............

64yrs • M •
quote:
It has every thing to do with the bible

How

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but that is not what the christians see, and that is what is important. whether or not it is a 'good' religion does not matter. just that it is considered devilry.

whi is this conversation still going on? i thought i answered the qeustion a long time ago.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
because devilry is a word, in this argument, derived from the devil, the christian devil, the classification of paganism as, or as not, devilry must follow the classification given by the christian religion. and because any religious practices outside of christianity are considered sinfull, assuming you understand that the devil is sin, any pagan religion is devilry. but that does not mean it is a bad thing, just that christians don't approve.

I believe U did

39yrs • M •
the bible has alot to do with being pagan as it was the followers of the bible that first labled them pagans and evil, and yes even though the word pagan means evil, im refering to the pagan people not he actual menaing of the word given blindly by catholics.

as a little fact st patrick was a druid wich was considered very evil, and he ever renounced his voews on them, so he still was druid...............................

timmo

64yrs • M •
quote:
followers of the bible that first labled them pagans and evil

That is true - but don't you think the pagans labeled the followers of the bible as evil?

What one thinks or says niether makes it true or false. Baptists think Catholics are not saved and while Catholics themselves may not have an opinion, the Catholic doctrine teaches that if you're not Catholic your not saved.

But what the Baptists say about the Catholics are no more true then what the Catholics say about everyone else.

39yrs • M •
i never asked for the truth as there will always be someone who thinks im evil, just looking for opinions and justification

64yrs • M •
I do believe that there are some references to Paganism in the bible and its not good, and in the Koran, what little I read, there's a whole bunch of not good references, but its hard to tell just who they are talking about.

What Pagan means today is not what it meant thousands of years ago and then you have to calculate in language interpretation with prejudice.

There were religions that included human sacrifices into their rites. Some will say they were pagan and some will not, but obviously todays Pagans do not sacrifice humans.

My wife is into Paganism and we joined the Unitarian Church because it excepts Paganism, which is really strange because it also excepts Aithists as a religion into its church - how you fit two opossing forms of thought into the same church is interesting.

I've attended a Pagan party and it was fun, I don't have a problem with it.

Pagan Religion??? or devilry - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy