If we are all part of god, and god is in all of us, then why am I not in you? - dragonwing4d
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned paper'

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To Defend That Shit Paper From All Enemys, Foreign and Domestic so the Commander In Chief Can Flush It Down The Toilet

And our soldiers take an oath to defend this - Well, we know Mr. Bush took this oath, he must not have meant it. I took the oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foriegn and domestic six times, it means something to me.
quote:

Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'
By DOUG THOMPSON
Dec 9, 2005, 07:53

Last month, Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to meet with President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.

Several provisions of the act, passed in the shell shocked period immediately following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, caused enough anger that liberal groups like the American Civil Liberties Union had joined forces with prominent conservatives like Phyllis Schlafly and Bob Barr to oppose renewal.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

'I don't give a goddamn,' Bush retorted. 'I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.'

'Mr. President,' one aide in the meeting said. 'There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.'

'Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,' Bush screamed back. 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper!'

I've talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution 'a goddamned piece of paper.'

And, to the Bush Administration, the Constitution of the United States is little more than toilet paper stained from all the shit that this group of power-mad despots have dumped on the freedoms that 'goddamned piece of paper' used to guarantee.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, while still White House counsel, wrote that the 'Constitution is an outdated document.'

Put aside, for a moment, political affiliation or personal beliefs. It doesn't matter if you are a Democrat, Republican or Independent. It doesn't matter if you support the invasion or Iraq or not. Despite our differences, the Constitution has stood for two centuries as the defining document of our government, the final source to determine – in the end – if something is legal or right.

Every federal official – including the President – who takes an oath of office swears to 'uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia says he cringes when someone calls the Constitution a 'living document.'

'"Oh, how I hate the phrase we have-a 'living document,'' Scalia says. 'We now have a Constitution that means whatever we want it to mean. The Constitution is not a living organism, for Pete's sake.'

As a judge, Scalia says, 'I don't have to prove that the Constitution is perfect; I just have to prove that it's better than anything else.'

President Bush has proposed seven amendments to the Constitution over the last five years, including a controversial amendment to define marriage as a 'union between a man and woman.' Members of Congress have proposed some 11,000 amendments over the last decade, ranging from repeal of the right to bear arms to a Constitutional ban on abortion.

Scalia says the danger of tinkering with the Constitution comes from a loss of rights.

'We can take away rights just as we can grant new ones,' Scalia warns. 'Don't think that it's a one-way street.'

And don't buy the White House hype that the USA Patriot Act is a necessary tool to fight terrorism. It is a dangerous law that infringes on the rights of every American citizen and, as one brave aide told President Bush, something that undermines the Constitution of the United States.

But why should Bush care? After all, the Constitution is just 'a goddamned piece of paper.'

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml

Using the tools found on E-ThePeople
http://www.e-thepeople.org/letter/write

I have written the following email to Mr. Bush and my elected officials:

http://okcitykid.bravejournal.com/entry/18145

Our soldiers take an oath to defend this "goddamned piece of
paper" I took the oath to defend the Constitution against all
enemies, foriegn and domestic six times, it means something to me.

I'm insulted - Now I demand an apology.

Short and sweet, I don't need to explain why this one was wrong, and I expect an apology and so should you, especially if you've served our country, but just because you pay taxes. Don't let him get away with this, if you do, you're a part of the problem, as everything American goes flushing down the toilet. This is wrong, be an American, stand up and say something.

And I'm also posting this everywhere like NBC/CBS and ABC with the help off CNN and Fox News - But we can't count on none of them, we have to do this ourselves

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
astounding. i have very. very. little respect left for him. not because he disagrees with the constitution, but because he is a plain out liar.

thank you okcitykid. thank you.

if you could give me his email

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was hoping someone would post that, I was a little too stunned myself, not that I should be.

I'm sure every Bush fan, firstly probably hasn't heard this, and secondly will probably blow it off somehow. Usually by making referrence to Clinton getting a bj or some such nonesense.

Christians defend such blatant blasphemy, makes me laugh and nauseous all at the same time.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
This is the address I've received from reply email

comments@whitehouse.gov

To send the president messages, I always go to here

http://www.e-thepeople.org/letter/write

A friend sent it to me, I would not have found it on my own. I've sent the author an email explaining that he forgot to mention the soldiers who serve and have died to protect that "just ********** piece of paper"

ofcourse I appreciate that he reported it and that I had posted it on my blog.

I think somebody will say that he really didn't mean it, he's under a lot of stress bla, bla, bla.

They can all kiss my ass - I'm making a big deal out it and I'm going to get somebodies attention.

I've sent it to John McCain and Kerry and made a comment on OpTruth and military.com and I'm not going to quit until it gets the attention it deserves.

64yrs • M •
malluable - I had to look that up : )

It has to be a little malluable, but it aint no Just Go**amned piece of paper.

I feel like giving up all the time and for a little while I do, then come right on back.

Don't you live in Canada? Ofcourse you guys are having your trouble too. But if I lived in Canada, I don't think I would be concerned about what is happening in the USA. But I know that our economy has a lot of effect on you.

This time though, he went too far. This one will catch up to him. I think some people are in shell shock right now, but once they realize the tradious gravity of those few words, everybody will be talking about it.

64yrs • M •
Thanks, and you're right. Canadian citizens and U.S. citizens, they all look the same to terrorists, the proof is the peace activists they are currently holding.

If we had stuck to our Americanism we would not be in this mess. But because of 9/11, we kinda swept it underneath the carpet and uglier yet is that there is proof that our own governement was involved in 9/11. We had a surplus of money and the neocons decided it was their duty to take it.

I wish there was a hell so these people could go there.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know jack about politics, but what i do know is that i FEAR Bush. whats scarier is that i think he wants people to fear him. we live in the age of fear because of him. i feel so powerless because of my lack of knowledge in this area too, which creates more fear.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
The Navy participated in a study to determine what causes stress and it was discovered that the inability to control your surroundings caused stressed. So while it may appear that the person in charge has the most stress, the fact is the workers are stressed all the more because the worker bees have the least amount of control than the one in charge.

I say this Wyote because it is because what you're feeling is stress. When people excuse leaders because they are under stress, that's crap, infact it is the opposit that is true.

What ever its worth, eventually we will win, but I just hope it's not to late.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy