Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Go. Live. Now.

User Thread
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that deifiedslacker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Go. Live. Now.
"dear reader,

these next five minutes of my life are a waste, as are yours, for in this entry no miraculous discoveries will be made, and no philosophies of life formed. As I painstakingly scratch out each letter, and as you attempt to persevere through my jumble of letters also know as words, we are both thinking of alternatives.

but what alternatives? entertainment. most people spend their lives being entertained and looking forward to their entertainment. sounds to me like an escape.

but an escape from what? life. duties. moral obligations. you name it and they'll escape from it.

is this really what life amounts to -- finding an escape from it, attempting to live in a fictitious world?

This is life.

Right here. Right now.

Have no regrets and do not hesitate, because life's short and constantly becomming shorter.

So are you ready?

Go. Live. Now. "

"I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Define "live."

First question that needs to be answered is what do we do if not entertain and please ourselves. And for that, you turn to the purpose of life threads on this site.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is really goin to sound stupid but..

WOW!!!

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ana what are u saying wow to? nobody is being clear..

deif why did u come to this site? are u saying that we are wrong for having these conversations.. it is entertaining to us.. i could say those myspaces entrys are pointless.. as they are, to me, maybe they mean everything to somebody else..

if this is a waste of your time by all means LEAVE dont waste your time on us if you are so great and know all the answeres you must not be human so PLZ go LIVE by yourself with all your knowledge dont tell us about it cause you'll never convice us... and if that is your goal.. to convice us of your beliefs about life when then you failed at life cause we dont wanna hear it..

at the same time i think we all need to calm down.. verybody already knows to take life as a grain of salt.. but we need to constantly take life this way.. well saying the word "NEED" is very opionated but i will say it agian anyway in my opion WE NEED NOT WORRY BOUT A THING............ cuz 100% of all people in the world today tomorrow and next year will in fact DIE!! haha not to worry im not crazy just letting you realize that you WILL DIE.. haha still im not crazy just bringing you back to reality that reality is pointless when your dead

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no one is truely a philosipher with such a one track mind...

people, stop looking for an argument at every corner and open your damn mind!

first of all, that statement is in quotes meaning that deif is not saying it at all.

second of all, what deif said is the only flawless definition of life... deif is not saying it is an actual waste of time to sit here and read all this crap... the quote deif uses is, in fact, a complete irony...

"for in this entry no miraculous discoveries will be made, and no philosophies of life formed"

as the person that wrote this quote wrote it based on a miraculous discovery and a philosophy of life.

"This is life.

Right here. Right now. "

need i say more? yes...
how do i know all of this you ask?

i know all of this not only from common sence, but because i studied this quote in creative writing.

now young captain cynics, stop being so cynical! =)

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wait you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? ^^^^^^^^

IRONIC QUOTE " people, stop looking for an argument at every corner "

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 33yrs • F •
we have to keep journals in english class and i wrote it in there. thats why its in quotations. anyway, i was just rambling and then it became something interesting, so i posted it on here.

and analytical:
i wasn't meaning to preach or to be condescending at all. i also don't think that i am wasting my time on this site. i like it here =). i'm not trying to convince you of a thing either. you'll form your own theories regardless of what i say. and yes, we'll all die in the end, but i plan on making the most of my life and having a damn good time.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
deifiedslac

You only say those things because you have the ability to enjoy life. Thanks to this country. But what about the starveing kids in the world. They live (and then starve) just to die. And all they ever tried to do is live and have a damn good time doing it. And besides all that, what if just haveing a "damn good time" in life (because it's "short" ), is a bad thing to do. What if you had a damn good time, but you stoped questiong life and just lived it. And the whole reason for life was to question not just live. Then I'd say youd be fucked.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 33yrs • F •
i completely agree with you. i'm very blessed, and its not fair. i want to join the peace corps when i'm older.

anyway, just the fact that i posted this thread on life means that i question it. i'm only fifteen and already questioning it, and i always will be that way, never satisfied.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Then this is one place were you will fit in

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
Go. Live. Now.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy