Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Count of Monte Cristo

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Count of Monte Cristo
This bokk is a great read, its qiute heavy going, due to its leangth and the fact that it was originally written in french. it is about a guy who is wrongfully put in prison and then later escapes and with the help of riches a fellow inmate left to him wreaks his revenge on those who put him in prison.

its by Alexandre Dumas, the author of the the 3 Musketeers and The Man in the Iron Mask. its set in Napoleonic france. and it rules, ive read about 3 times so far, and will probably read it again at some point in the near future.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that earthenwings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've read it in French, English, and watched the two versions of it, and it is still one of my all-time favorite stories(even though the Disney version irked me since they screwed up the plot quite a bit).

""...Not every fight is worth fighting." Hold me to it."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ive seen the version with jim cavaziel in, and it annoyed the hell out of me, i liked the count of monte cristo, because of the complex revenges that he pulled off, in the film it was all very simple and the whole thing with albert being dantes son rather the fernads was just annoying.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that earthenwings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree. But I did enjoy how Dantes had the satisfaction of dueling Fernand. I was amazed that Haydee wasn't in the Disney movie though. I think that ticked me off the most.

""...Not every fight is worth fighting." Hold me to it."
 36yrs • M •
maladjust is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i read this book about a year ago, and i have to say it was a really good story. i was interested in how dante's character changes so that in the end he is living just for revenge. i will say that i read les miserables right after this book and i liked le mis a bit better, and i would have to say overall i like hugo better than dumas. but i would say this is my favorite of dumas' books

"Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, "I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!"?"
Count of Monte Cristo
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy