Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Poluting the gene pool and wasting tax money

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is it just me or does it seem a little ridiculous that people can have multiple children by several women, and expect the state to pay for them, without having to shell out themselves. There was a story in the local newspapers where i live, about osme guy who had about 5 kids by different mothers, and didnt pay a penny for their upkeep, the state was required to pay god knows how mayn thousand pounds in benefits, while he payed nothing, he was a ctually quoted as saying "I dont give them anything, so they don't lost their benefits" surely the point is that you should be paying for them, and the benefits should be a bit extra on the side for them. anyone who tries that should be arbitarilly castrated to prevent them further polluting the gene pool.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well with every law people find technicalities and exceptions to skim by it. That's why laws need to be revised after a few years. The problem about this is that for them to revise them it'll take more money than say pay this local man.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
true, but surely revise the law vs pay several thousand of this local man. is it really gonna cost them a couple of million to revise the law? mayb, but surely their already paying the house of lords and wouldnt need to give them much more to get them to sit and ponder why not to give cash to support the offspring of one pleb who cant keep it in his pants.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
Haha what are you jealous of this guy. The government has to use it's tax dollars efficiently and I'm sure that this isn't a major issue. He beat the system and I think he should be congratulated on that.

36yrs • M •
im not jealous, personally i dont want 6 kids by 6 different women, ones confusing enough (woman that is, i dont have kids). sometimes beating the system is admirable, finances for uni in the country (england) tend to screw over the financially stable, those who can afford to live comfortably, but cant quite afford to send someone off to uni with no financiall help, are the ones who get far less than they need, if they can fool the system, then well done them, thats useful for them and the people they will go on to work for. but when the beating the system means that we get 6 little council house brats who are going to vandalise everything in site, cause havok at school and end up in jail for 14th time by the age of twelve, i dont think thats commedable.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But shouldn't the mothers of those children hold equal blame? After all, if they had just spent a few bucks on some basic birth control then the state wouldn't have to end up paying thousands in benefits.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 36yrs • M •
Who said they will go to jail. Besides at or before 12 we all got into trouble. People make mistakes and that's why there is jail. Maybe the government is giving them money to help prevent that.

36yrs • M •
the women are less to blame, because a lot of them actually work to pay for the kids that they have had, they also raise them. also it is less know for a women to get pregnant by as many different men. men can get several women pregnant and just walk off.

69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First, I totally agree it's partly the woman's fault, after all, it takes two to tango, and I really believe that people should take contraception more seriously if they're not in a stable relationship. But, to add another thing, I think it's awful that some people don't stop to think about the bigger picture. It's not just the fact that some poor kid might have to grow up without a dad or practically in poverty, what about the half-brothers and sisters they would have, and how that could cause problems in the future on physical and emotional levels. For example, say now a guy has a few kids, and he's unaware of some, or all of them, and his son grows up and meets a nice young girl, settles down, marries, has kids, and then finds out that the girl he's in love with and procreated with, is actually his sister!!! That would blow most peoples minds if it happened to them, their marriage would be illegal, there would probably be birth defects with some or all of their kids, and they'd probably end up ending the relationship for moral reasons. So both their lives could be destroyed, even if they do get over it in time.......and I think this scenario is more real today than we even realise, and I bet there's loads of couples across the globe who are totally unaware of their situation.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy