The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Things That Bother Me - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
awakendwraith

Through my life I have felt pretty much the same about girls. Expecially if I was attracted to them. But after time I have learned that all grils and boys are pretty much the same. And that which botherd me eventually went away. Instead of looking for one that is attractive, look for one that has a personality that stands out like a beacon. For these are the enlightend one's.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
love is blind. so is my atraction.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think the prob there is completely the opposite at times. you find someone physically attractive, and then get annoyed, because there personality is totally at odds with the way that they look, i know the feeling, it always used to irritate me that any girl i found physically attracted tended to be a complete bitch. as for the bad things bit i can completely understand that, my gf doesnt exactly have the most steady family life, so i try and help when i can, but i dont know all the background, and that irritates me, i dont know who to back in the conflict, and that if i stick my oar in im likely to cause more harm than good.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your too fixed on the way things should be when realistically the things that bother you are just the way things are. Take for instance you being bothered by girls gaining responsibility. Your fixed on the fact that things won't be the way they were and how the girls are losing innocence to the problems of society and such. But, this is a fixed reality of the way things are. Horrible things happen to good people and that's just life. These things happen for reasons of making people stronger. Maybe this is why you're bothered.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
Cynic-Al- ni, because i do not find them atractive untill i get a first imppresion on their personality.

Jacker_Jones- the problem is i already understand that. i just cant accept it.

8. when i try to do good, only to hurt someone- when i try to do good, only to hurt people, it bothers me. i try to help, but i only seem to hurt. and faith tells me, aswell as other people, though they may be unintelligent, that its worth a try. imagine a building is being built.(a person) the building has cracks in its foundation that will stunt its growing any more. there are all ready other layers on top of the foundation. but in order to fix the cracks the foundation must be torn down. i tend to tear foundations, and i would like to rebuild, but it is to hard for the person to forgive me, so they get left on there own. i am at a dillema where i do not know if the payoff of a succeful reconstruction will ever happen, and if it will be enough to make me good again. but carpentry is in my nature so it is hard to hold my tounge. it bothers me that i cant figure this out, and that i qeustion my faith.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M
9. how girls/people change from child to... not child- how girls/people change from child to... not child bothers me. i get this heavy feeling on my xhest like im about to have an asthma attack and i want to know EVERYTHING that has EVER happen to that person. and i want to sit down and discuss every single bit of it. i really have absolutly no clue as to why i feel this way. and it is extremly hard to express the emotion. it feels like extreme want. yes. extreme want. i hate that feeling. how girls/people change from child to... not child bothers me.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gmunk is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have only onething to say: Ditto

"Simplistically made, my mind wanders, Dwelling on thoughts and blunders."
 35yrs • M
10. the universes unfairness- the universes unfairness bothers me. i will sum up my univeres unfairness theory:
the only reason why i am here is because of incedents that have happend in the past. billions of them all have had eqaul part in how i got here. but none of them did i have any control over. this goes for everyincident in the world, and for every person. and that bothers me

11. the fact that i cannot-have not form a good relationship with anyone (nonsexual)- the fact i cannot-have not form a good relationship with anyone (nonsexual) bothers me. it happens for reasons that i have no control over. i can do nothing about them. perhaps something, but i dont know what. and that bothers me.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
all "good" relationships take a lot of effort and comittment from both people. tough to find for sure.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
12. people who have been emotional damaged beyond a repair that will not take a serious amount of healing- people who have been emotional damaged beyond a repair that will not take a serious amount of healing bother me. because i can deal with anything, at all. and i mean deal with it. not hide. not pretend. but fucking deal with it and solve the problem. and i tmakes me think, what if im jsut pretending really well. and it really only bothers me if i care about the person.

[  Edited by awakendwraith at   ]
 37yrs • F •
Placebo_rayne is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Did it ever occour to you that they may be healing in their own way? Simply because they don't wish to talk about thier past with you does not mean they don't wish to talk about it with someone else. Being pushy by making them tell thier story is not healing them. Healing happens as they learn to deal with the problem, and yes sometimes that includes discussing it with someone else, but simply telling someone what happens does not fix anything especially when they "force" you to.

35yrs • M
i said nothign about that. yes, they aer for the most part silent, but that doesnt matter. because i know that it is in their natur to shre and to be inquisitive, yet they choose not to. and i know that i am the person they confide in most, yet they choose not to.
of course that has accured to me. im not an idiot. i know that everybody has their own way, but when i see them standing still and not moving towards a solution at all, i do tend to push and shove.
but trust me when i say, they are nto dealting with it in what i would consider a healthy manner.

Things That Bother Me - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy