Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Jesus's death was faked - Page 5

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theory is the nails would not hold a person up, but in Asia there is a cult where young men will let themselves be hung on the cross like Jesus was, and they drive nails through the hand and feet and raise them on the cross.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting image there Mugen.

Some people suggest that the character of Christ is a social construction. And as I have mentioned before if no logical evidence for his existence and death can be found, perhaps Jesus then belongs to the mythical fictitious 'heroes' of the past.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Logic is more powerful than 'God'

Explain this please?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 37yrs • M •
it already is explained from where you quoted from.

If there is a logical reason why God exists, then logic created God, is all-powerful and restrains God.

If there is no logical reason why God exists, then it holds that the Universe could exist for no logical reason and therefore require no creator

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why can God not reside within logic and outside of logic at the same time? Why is he limited to only one side?

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 37yrs • M •
It appears that whether God exists for logical reasons or not a fundamental contradiction occurs. If God is placed "beyond logic" this is a contradiction. And if it is said that Human logic is incapable of realizing such metaphysical truths, then this also undermines any argument that can be made by one human to another, for the existence of god.

Perhaps read the top of the 4th page Zato

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well then what happens if God is ever proven - then would God be logical?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If there is a logical reason why God exists, then logic created God

And what if God created logic?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If god has logic why is logic more powerful than god?
Excuse my lack of understanding.
I kind of get it I think, but i'm not sure.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 37yrs • M •
okcitykid and petesmith: Defining 'proven' is subjective. The God as first-cause argument is slightly undermined. If God can make plans, think logically or exist, then logic is an arch-power that encompasses God and gives reason for god's existence which appears to refute the idea that God could be the creator of logic. If God can contain a property of "logical", then the universe, that requires no cause or creator, also can contain logic. This means the Universe doesn't need God in order for logic to exist anyway. Think about it....interesting isn't it.

Zato: Logic is more 'powerful' than god because [read my previous posts]. As many see it, 'god' is a social construction.

If God chose to create everything it must have had reasons to do so, therefore logic will have been dictating God's thoughts from the moment of God's inception. If God exists it must therefore be a result of logic and therefore did not create logic.

But the reality is, is that the ideology of god is illogical.

Would be nice for people to stay on topic of this thread [jesus faked his death], rather than asking questions that travel on tangents. There are more appropriate threads to ask theses questions peoples.

[  Edited by summit at   ]
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
summit, are you familiar with little bits and pieces of "evidence" of jesus's existence such as the cloth he was wrapped in, fragments of thorns, nonsense like that? I think it's just a ploy to indirectly renew believer's faith in a way. =__=;

I had also brought this discussion up to my friend and he kinda got mad at me and cam back with "there were eye witnesses".. but of course he failed to realize that they were more than likely incompetent 'common folk' If i remember from your earlier posts. Idk how else to explain it to him more than I already did.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 37yrs • M •
Mugen, It is interesting. I don't deny that Jesus actually existed, but I still remain questioning if he really did. Whether Jesus is just a fictional character...a myth...a product of biased history...a fraud even should be questioned. He may have, he may have not. What I disbelieve is the 'resurrection story' [as I've mentioned before]. But it would be more appropriate to place the questioning of whether Jesus really lived on another thread.

Don't expect any naive, feeble/close minded and perhaps ignorant person, one to buy the logical and evidential reasoning against one of human histories greatest propaganda performances- ressurection, supernatural events or existence of perhaps fictional characters.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
indeed. It does seem farfetched that jesus's ressurection occured at all... I've just read though this little article type thing and it just sounds ludicrous that something like that would happen.

http://www.beautifulbugs.com/digicaminfo/tracts/resurrection.htm

http://www.christianity.ca/entertainment/books/2005/04.001.html

also found a few theories with a brief explaination
http://www.bayarea.net/~fonniepi/sharing/pete2.html

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The summit of pseudo-religous as well pseudo-scientific babble? Oh, I just reading thru the thread & was noting the use of logic => I think it was the Mr. Spoke, who said something to the nature that it being illogical but never the less true?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 37yrs • M •
care to elaborate?

Jesus's death was faked - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy