Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Phone Etiquette

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Phone Etiquette
I am a helpdesk agent I work in a call center environment. My job is to help people over the phone with computer related issues. Unfortunately the client I am assigned to is State Users. I've also before I graduated from school worked as a collection agent in a call center environment; I did inbound calls and outbound calls collecting on credit card debt. Yeah I know it's a shotty job but it paid the rent. My thing is people seem to forget that they are talking to another person on the phone. So I took it upon myself to set some helpful guidelines and tips for Phone Etiquette.

1) When you call someone for help, give us your full name first. Don't just start bi*chin and moaning about the product and what it's not doing.

2) Be honest about the issue and do not give half truth about your issue. Just think of us as GOD / Santa we know when your lying and it would keep us from having to give you the run around and sending you to hell ( which is waiting)

3) Be courteous to the rep. on the other line. We are trying to help you. For my Black brothas and sistas out there you know what the hell I'm talking about. Drop the attitude and swearing it will only make the call longer and your wait time longer.

4) If we are being rude to you asked to talk to another represenative don't say you want to speak to the supervisor. You will get your as* transferred to the next available representative anyway.

5) Be specific about your issues what happen when did it happen what you did to repair it and why did you do that.

I hope you find some of these things insightful. Please let me know if you have had any bad experinces with a call agent and i will straighten you out.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
MJClone, the problem is, you, the rep on the other side, represent the company. YOU sold them that product so YOU better fix whatever problems YOU created.

And I've asked to speak with the supervisor because the rep was being unfair. I recently pruchased a Dell computer assuming I would get a rebate (according to their website.)But they didn't show me the list of policies about rebates before selling me the product, so I bought the computer and never got the rebate. I called the customer rep. She said sorry and offered a $50 coupon in place of my $300 rebate. That ticked me off and I wanted to yell at the service rep. She was nice about it though.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The statements in the reply are illegitimate thoughts and are hypothetically pathetic. There is no way honestly you can say that the problem is mine.

First of all you called in with a problem that a retailer sold you.
Second of all you and I mean you as in user error, created the problem.
Third like I said and my previous post do not lie.
You bought the item from the store you took it home with satisfaction that you read everything. You didn't ask for help when you were reading the documents in your human fallacy you assumed that you understood and comprehended all of its context and sped read the entire document. Then when you call the rep you stated that you wanted that which was entitled to you. And when you didn't recieve what you wanted like all callers who think they posses some kinda power they say "I want to speak to your supervisor" the supervisor is under the same stipulations and policies we are. They are able to SCREW you in a customercenntric way. The way to handle it is by reading the fine print before you buy, you as a customer read all the legalities and fine print.

"what if I'm a clone?"
Phone Etiquette
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy