This is Joe Public speaking, I'm controlled in the body, controlled in the mind. - The Clash
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Everyone seems to want to know everyone. - Page 2

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes, it just seems ridiculous that people don't react as openly in the "real-world" as they do here. There is something about talking to people in a forum that makes us feel like any judgement passed on us here has no real importance, and therefore cannot hurt us.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its just human nature for me. I want to think I am talking to more than a bunch of 1's and 0's.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think it's ridiculous that people are more open here than in the real world. Here, we don't have half we stuff we use to judge another person and form biases about them. And we don't know the other person either. I can take any stance I want here without worrying what anyone will think of me.

Of course, I'm not saying that we shouldn't present ourselves as honestly as possible in the real world, but discussing ideas on this site is much simpler because they only things we care about is each other's ideas (and not body language, looks, ethnic background, etc).

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think what tommybc's trying to say is that people should act the same in all situations. Just because i'm behind a computer doesn't mean that i have to act any different than if say I was talking to my boss. Unfortunately though in reality people don't act the same. And this is because of what Attolia said people can't judge you as easily.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, you get me Jacker Jones.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we try and find stuff out so we can get an idea of what these names and pics mean. like someone said, we dont just want to talk to 1's and 0's, in the real world we can tell some things about a person by the way they look and talk. on here we make the odd bias, like not paying as much attention to "peepz wot typez lik dis" dismissing them as morons who dont know how to use their mother tongue or a keyboard.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
Everyone seems to want to know everyone. - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy