What good is a long life to us if it is hard, joyless and so full of suffering that we can only welcome death as a deliverer? - Forbidden Psalm
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

More to the world than we can see

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do you beleive there is more to the world than what we perciev as reality. im not talking about the matrix thing (and please stay off that topic) but more like, you dont see everything that is here. like ghost, or faries. ya know Tolkien shit. or that maybe there once was. i was just wondering if there was any real evidence of that stuff.

i've got something interesting to say though. kinda like the relation between the bible saying "and then their was light" with the big bang theory, dragons are dipicted on seperate continents were, and when, stories of such beasts could not have been spread. what im saying is, people, all people, 'though up' the same mythical beast. kinda makes you question, huh?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we all want to believe in such things. i have no actual evidence of a lot of things i have personally witnessed, yet i know they exsist. dragons, pixies, even aliens are mostly a tool we use to give ourselves hope of some kind.

i believe there is more, but i couldnt even begin to tell you(or myself) what it is.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would think that there is more than what we can see.. maybe we're not that advanced enough to even realize what's going on around us.

We don't even know everything about ourselves [humans] let alone our earth and other things that surround us in daily life. We can't all truely expect to believe that we're the only advanced life forms in this entire universe. As for ghosts I think it's all a mind game to us.. Our over active imaginations at work. some of the crazy things I hear about like exorsists and unexplainable phenomenons I wish I could tell you what Truth is in that.

Don't really know where I'm going with this soo I hope someone else posts and makes a little more sense Than me.. X__X

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Our eyes are only capable of seeing so much. For instance we can't see water molecules or atoms yet we know they are there. As for super natural phenomenon it's entirely possible. Sadly most super natural phenomenons are hoaxes mostly because of the profit involved with them.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We're more advanced than you think. Most things you see and understand try to take you back to the beginning, when in truth as human beings we only see the end. The beginning is not for us because we lost that sense after sin. only when sin is obliterated do we go back to the beginning, the true self. There was Aliens, there Was, dragons, there WAS, fairies, but now all of those things are spiritual, and live inside of humans. If you recall the movie 'The one', life is more less like that. Everything living has it's own existence inside of the almighty, and everytime someone or something passes on his spirit, he divides that spirit among the remainder so that all may recieve wisdom and understanding. All have a chance it just depends on who's gonna take that chance or not so that completion of the Almighty can take place. Everything exists still, as it has existed years ago, just in different forms now. but it will all turn back to how it was soon.

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M
you have no evidence to back that.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
can anyhting be concieved of that does not already exist? i think it was plato who first asked this question, he answered no.

"dont got one"
 35yrs • M
so you are telling me that just because someone trhought of all those different demons in hell that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS REAL. THAT EVERY CREATURE FROM THE LORD OF THE RINGS IS REAL. THAT ALL OF THE RELIGIONS THAT COUNTERDICT EACH OTHER ARE RIGHT. I REALLY HATE WHEN PEOPLE DONT THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY. it is called imagination, and plato was a hack.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that there is things that are imaginative and will never be birthed because of the resistence of others or they serve no purpose of birth. things that are in the imagination that hasn't been concived into the physical yet have to serve a purpose. Such as computers, telecommunication, Satalite, etc... these things may be old to you awaken, But i was around to see these things created out of the imagination of men.

To call Plato a hack homeboy you got a lot of N*TTS this country was founded on some of those princples; that give you the right to even create this thread.

Who ever your getting your teaching from Decius or Rev. Al Sharpton (they are the same in one) you need to get your refund they make more sense than a good lookin woman that cooks and cleans.
Think on your own quit taking the popular cliches and live life.

The age old question in science: If a tree fell in the woods and no one was around to hear it would it still make a sound.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M

yes it makes a sound. but back to plato. you wanna know why i sy he is a hack. in all of his glory and philosophical originality, i thought of it, before i even knew what phlosophy was, as a child. when i was 11. two years ago i decided to read u[p on him. his debating tactics, his stupid minnubmingly simple questions of right and wrong all of it. it was all there as if i had wrote it myself. and im not that smart. get me. and our country was based on plato's veiws. view by racist bastards that shot people, and made it hard to vote for rights equal to all. ever read an unrevised version of the bill of rights?

age old question.... why do you assume that you are more intelligent than me?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you want to see what reality really is...lsd is for you!

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
yes it makes a sound. but back to plato. you wanna know why i sy he is a hack. in all of his glory and philosophical originality, i thought of it, before i even knew what phlosophy was, as a child. when i was 11. two years ago i decided to read u[p on him. his debating tactics, his stupid minnubmingly simple questions of right and wrong all of it. it was all there as if i had wrote it myself. and im not that smart. get me. and our country was based on plato's veiws. view by racist bastards that shot people, and made it hard to vote for rights equal to all. ever read an unrevised version of the bill of rights?

age old question.... why do you assume that you are more intelligent than me

^^why would you think your more intelligent than plato? or anyone for that matter?.....the concepts of this planet was based on the mind of a child, because a child is the most intelligent being created by the creator. Children have no sense of right or wrong but simply justified action. And no I don't have proof for you for your own existence, if you want it then look for it yourself. too many people are looking for a reason, reasons lead you nowhere except back to where you started!

"Being is not knowing!"
 46yrs • M •
well being of the great age of 11 and judging Platos work and philosophies sums up; why you keep embarrassing yourself in these threads. You haven't even begin to face obstacles. when it comes down to it i'm right you're wrong.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M
730- i dont beleuive in god, so all that was just babble

mj- you have not yet given any real opinions or statements regarding any justificatoin of the first irrelevant post you made. that is all i am looking for. i dont care if i am an idiot, or that you are. and i definetly dont feel like a man test to see who's is bigger. just want an answer, thats it. second of all, you no nothing of the obsticals i face. thirdly, this is the internet.... im not embaresed. and last of all, we are not even arguing if something is right or wrong dumb-ass, simply giving opinions on what we think of the supernatural.

46yrs • M •
awaken i'm just followin the thread. You killed the thread and I [quote]you have no evidence to back that.
This is an specific attack on a former commenter. I figure this had turn into who could rip apart someones comment the fastest. I am right and yeah this is the internet; but you have no evidence to back that you weren't embarassed; I don't recall ever saying you were embarassed. It would help if you stuck to commentting in the thread you are in. instead of jumping back in forth. I never said you were a man and yes mine is bigger. Is that typical enough for you

"what if I'm a clone?"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy