Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is Important to you?

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This question was given to me today by my dad and told me to think about it... when I was told to give a response I just sat there in silence.

I really don't know what is most important to me anymore... I couldn't even think of possibilities.. I'm starting to hate This stupid life every day because of stupid that's been happening lately..

My car was vandalized beyond repair
I think I might lose my job
I'm doing really shitty in school [even though i shouldn't be]
Fights/arguments with friends to the point were we're not talking

All of these things I used to value but No longer can because They're starting to fade away at a some what rapid pace... In the end of all this I would imagine that Death Is Most important to me right now.. In my desperate state of being at the moment. Death looks pretty promising right now.. No troubles No more pain

The only thing is, I don't think I can give that to my dad as an explaination because he's one of those people that would just think im being stubborn.. and just get even more mad at me even though I gave him my answer..

I'm really lost right now and don't have any idea what i'm going to do...

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well from what I've seen you're a pretty productive 16 year old. You have/had a car, job, school and a social life and maybe you're just taking on too much at once.

quote:
Death looks pretty promising right now.. No troubles No more pain

Why would you want to die as soon as life gets tough? It's probably your first real test in life.

But back to the thread topic what is important to me? My existence.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, see It's been getting progessivly worse... it's been somewhat like this my whole life.. I just have more stuff to lose now

I actually think its a good idea to end things early before It gets too out of hand. With most things that makes sense right? Or is that idea different when it comes to a human life?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its inevitable that things will get bad and worse but things will always get good and better. And visa versa.
I think it is stupid for someone to kill themself unless in certain situations. This in not one of them. Just my opinion.
Much <3

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you're probably a lot better off than someone in a third world country. Your problems seem minimal to theirs. The most ironic part is their struggling to stay alive from their problems. Your trying to die from you're problems.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mugen - indeed the more we gain, the more we have to lose. personally, i hated everything about my life from about 15 to 20. things always got worse, when i had reached my breaking point somebody was always there to shove more shit down my throat. it took my quite a while to come to the full realization that life is simply perception. nowdays, i find it somewhat comical that my best friend stole one of my girlfriends, that i came so close to not graduating it would have litterally taken one wrong step, that my father and i at one point didnt speak for about a year. its all quite funny, because at the time i thought that these were completely terrible things yet now i realize how much they have shaped who i am.

what you need to do is respect what goes on in your life - the good, the bad and the ugly - and then rise above it all. you have a lot of potential, dont waste an ounce on self pity or lazyness.

whats important to me? learning. you cant learn when youre dead.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, learning is indeed a paramount aspect of my life.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IceMan04 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think everyone has those feelings every now and then, but you just have to tough it out. i had those feelings and i really wanted to die, till one friend told me that i was stupid and selfish! what about my parents, and the rest of my family? how would they feel? think about that. they will be devistated because you feel like you can't handle what you are going through. its not worth it

Quote: what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger

"I always say the truth, even when Im lying"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy