Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Myspace.com is a disgusting existence.

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay so i made fun of this place for months and months, all my friends in cali were so effing addicted to it it made me sick. I know multiple people who met their significant other on this and all kinds of friends etc. I promised myself i'd never join because i think it's a silly superficial online community for people who have nothing to say so they put their pictures on the internet and if someone wants to have sex with them based on 8 stills they send them a message. Well i met a girl at a rave a couple months ago and she said she had no phone or anything but i could get a hold of her through that. So i made an account and now i have like 20 some people on it. I've found myself falling into the trap. Friends message me and are pissed if i don't reply, and email just won't cut it. Anyone else stuck in the black hole? or does anyone want to just share their peronal feelings (hatred, disgust, humility..) for this place they call myspace.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the only difference i see between myspace and captaincynic is the pourpose behind the site. at this site, we try to learn and talk with others that are intelligent. at that site they try to meet people, get laid, and talk to others that they relate with on certain subjects, but in escense they are the same. this is by far a much better site, but still the same.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Amen, Awakened! I got a Myspace a while ago to hang out with friends, and already people are calling me up asking when I'm available for a 'night on the town.' so I'm sorry no can do not happening anytime soon uh-un. At least at the Cynic you've got halfway intelligent people rather than the usual dumb(censored) that hang out on Myspace.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have a myspace but I really don't talk to anyone on it, I only have people from school or family members on there...about three people to four people are either friends of friends or people who like cartoons as much as I do [12 friends on the list ] but that is my limit. I can't stand people who have about 40-100 people listed as friends, let alne 100 and higher. I mean, seriously do people really talk to all those people let alnoe remember they were even added.... Can any of us really say we have more than 5-10 real good friends or 10-20 Acquaintances.... people like that annoy me so much

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 42yrs • F •
Ladi Hekate is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Myspace is for people who are too pathetic to just meet someone in person. I have no respect for anyone who even associate's with those involved with it in anyway. sorry

"Eternally misunderstood."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Uh... I know myspace is seen as a "dating" website, but my friends and I just use it to contact each other quick and easily. Also, a lot of people that I meet who are in bands have their band page up there so that's when I can see when they're palying or not. None of us try to get laid on that website and we just post things on the bulletin about when we're having parties and get-togethers. Some of my friends do do the whole 'spill your guts out into a blog' thing, but most of us just will write something short about the day we had or something that we found interesting. Me and my friends use livejournal for pretty much the same exact purpose. I guess other people are just weird...

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is just something about myspace that I hate.
Can't quite pick it out.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 35yrs • M
it is called guilty pleasure, thats it. you are embarased, nothing more.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
embarrassed of....

35yrs • M
.. the guilty pleasure. of the fact that you enjoy something you used to condemn. just admit you were wrong. a lot of peole on this site should try it.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what's to try? if i wan't to talk to someone i'll TALK to them or use the phone or AIM. and besides, if i want to make a friend, i'd like it to be someone that i actually know, and not 3 jpegs and a paragraph.

"He who does not question is lost."
 35yrs • M
quote:
what's to try

no. not my space. admiting you are wrong.

37yrs • M •
My space is the most amazing thing in the whole world I would never be embarrassed of such a wonderful place.
I think that you have it all wrong! You should not put down myspace for it is the real garden of eden.

..jk.........

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hooray for myspace! dont you just love Tom? he is my best (and only) friend, i love him so.

no, seriously. why are you laughing? grr thats it! im writing a terrible, horrible nasty entry about how ugly and stupid your face is.

*lmao MySpace was on Jeapordy. apparently it passed Google in number of hits. so sad.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When faced with the question of meeting people online I disagree for the fact that it's simply dangerous. I believe in the common good of humanity but individually they're dangerous. I once heard that a serial killer use to lure people to come meet him over a dating site, and would then precede to kill and eat them. Don't quote me on that though. There's some serious weirdo's out there I don't want to be involved with one.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy