Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I got an idea for a movie

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okay, first off, any indie. film makers out there please dont steal this. this is going to be my first movie i make that will really meen something to me.

i got this idea when i was sitting on my living room floor. the title is, A Guy I Used To Know

this is kinda a... well, i dont think there is a genre for this. well it is about a guy and a girl. they are the only two characters. she is makeing a ducumentory on people and wants it to be about one person, this guy she met at a bar. the movie is portrayed through a uniuqe perspective, well, the blair witch di it so not unuiqe just rare. the cameras. we only see what her camera see's. thats it. and the whole time the only point that will be being stressed is character development. the movie starts out like this:
girl- state your name (while laughing)
guy- joe poop the rag man. (sarcastic)
girl- come on.

you get the point. and there is one scene called 34th street coffee shop. every scene starts with a qeustion. the question that she asked was, "so, who was the first girl you had sex with." he tells her the story and its a good one. another scene is called james. starts like this "so tell me about james." james was his best freind that he got in a fight with because james decided to snort heroine. guy didnt really like that.

once again you get the point. but the last scene is unuiqe. no qeustions. she is just rolling her b footage, bloopers and stuf like that. i'll write the whole scene out.

(dorr opens sun shines brightly)
guy- "so where do you wan t to eat?"
(the camera is looking at the ground)
girl- "oh! that one place we went to the other night that was....)
(in the background you here him say 'oh shit!'. a booming car crash she drops the camera and it faces towards the road, but it is on its dies so you see it at an angle. there is a little girl. the big girl, the one who has been filming runs to the crash)
girl- "josh! josh are you okay!? oh my god. (screams like next line) no! oh god no!"

and thats the end. what do you guys think. constructive criticism please. not it sucks.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
since character developement is the focal point, elaborate on that a bit. what are the central issues? whose the target audience? to pull off a movie like this you need some issues that people care about. are the characters relatable? are the events logical/feasable?

its still hard to see where you are going with this.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
their really are not any conflicts. their are just things that he has gone through. some things typical, like a story about hpw he used to get picked on in the second grade. or something sweet, like this time he spent the night with a girl when they were 13 and watched the same sun come up that they saw go down. when he got in a fight at the play ground. when his brother died. when he got what he wanted for his birth-day (his dad to go to jail). well some of that was real cliche, but im really tired. so...

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I write a lot ideas down for movies i'd like to make. I really like this idea. I think because i can see it. I mean that i can really (at least i think) see exactly what you're trying to express here and i like it, a lot. Maybe some questions to be brought up that are too tough to answer? Definitely needs to have some type of emotional appeal if it is going to be so focused only on these 2wo characters. Are there any questions that he asks her? I mean does her character play a big role, is there time when she is maybe alone talking to the camera about him or the interviews that they have?? I am very turned on by this and would like to know more, and would like to help if i can. Long live the creative!!!

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy