Holding onto anger is like grasping onto a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else. You are the one who gets burned. - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dressing for your age? - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I think it's a horrible shame that know nothing young people think they are smarter or more enlightened than someone twenty years their senior. thats rediculous

It is also a shame when someone twenty years senior to someone else assumes that the person knows nothing simply because they are younger. Older people aren't necessarily smarter.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thats true,but someone twice your age has probably gone through a lot out of sheer time,and has some sort of knowledege(pardon my spelling) that you dont,and you should respect that

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 39yrs • M •
People should respect people. Age has little to do with it because for the most part you don't know someone else's situation.

As far as dress goes people should have some discretion. Wear what is comfortable not what shows as much flesh as is possible.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree w/ you rancid...the only reason you get dress is to impress someone / empress up on someone who you are....I have to wake up every morning and dress for a computer job but i dress differently outside of work....but its all who's attention you want to get...i dress like a complete nerd outside of work...A COMPLETE DORK i love it....i'm so delish. i am handsomely gritty...oh crap i'm thinking and typing again sorrrrrrryyyy!!!!!!

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but what if feeling sexy makes them comfortable?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M •
I say wear it to the threads come apart; but realize everyone else has to see you....and it might be offensive to the eye...i think everyone should at least try to look appealing in their own way.....

"what if I'm a clone?"
 39yrs • M •
Depends on what you find sexy. People are told that revealing a lot of flesh is sexy. But why does this have to be the case? It is especially bad when a girl so young as to not have reached puberty is told by her mom that she must dress in such a way to impress the boys.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i suppose this is the type of thing that must be takin case by case. yes the little girl's mother is an idiot. but the 21 year old at the club with most of her breasts showing is just trying to get comfortable.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
But she is dressed like everyone else there so is she really happy with that choice or does she only want to fit in? Maybe she is uncomfortable in her apparel choice while being comfortable fitting in

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wear what you want....no matter what anyone else thinks.......i dont think teenage girls or grown women for that matter should dress like hookers....to me it's inapropriate and demeaning...to them i guess it's attractive,so if thats what they like and feel comfortable in, who am i to judge.....it takes guts for someone to feel free enough to completely be themselves, so i say go for it and if someone doesnt like it, or makes a nasty comment tell em to "fuck off"

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
rancid, while individulaity is admirable, there are certain things that people dont want to see. old people dressed tartily is disgusting. and as for respect, it should not be and isnt only the way people look that determines respect, but it does have a reasonable amount of influence on it. if an adult is dressed like a child or a teenager, then either you treat them like the people who usually dress that way, or you presume them to be strange as they cannot see that they look ridiculous.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 46yrs • M •
I really want to say i don't see anything wrong with old people dressing young because the flesh grows older but the spirit is the same at 80 as it was at 8...and everything in between that is crammed in that 72 yr spand of life and if you want to still throw on that sheer shirt with no bra old geezers that still want to wear the leisure suits with no shirts then do it but just to put it out there....i really don't want to see flesh that has turned to beef jerky....that's just really gross i hope all the working out i've done is wasted and the body ages well...if not then rubbing all this preperation H on my skin to keep it tight is really gonna be sh*tty

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but the spirit is the same at 80 as it was at 8...

I beg to differ. The core personalities of a person might never change but a person can change in many other ways in the course of a few months. I am hardly how I was the way I was eight years old compared to my age now. Experiences change a person incredibly. There's no way you could be the same at age 8 and then age 80.

Life's short. Wear what you want, or don't wear anything at all. It's your decision.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 46yrs • M •
I totally agree with what your saying. I have seen people who don't know they have the power to heal there body can actually heal there body, levitate, kill someone etc....what i'm bringing to life is that no matter what happens people start trying to figure out what the hell is going on with them about the age of 8 untill you die. yes the laws of physics states "in thing in motion will continue in motion untill an equal or greater force opposes it". meaning that you might go another way of where you're headed. but youre are still the string of DNA of your parents gave you so what ever happens in survival mode is what you developed from 0-8. I know this has to do with dressing the way you want; you got to understand some people do dress the way they thought was sexy when they were just kids. no matter how much you try to cover it up and suppress it; it's gonna surface because it's you

"what if I'm a clone?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When the Iraq war started, I stood up in my office and asked, "What did we forget Vietnam?" and realized that most of the people in my office were in dipers when Vietnam ended, and some of them hadn't even been born.

There is a reason why you respect those who are older.

Before television and radio, the family would sit around a circle and listen to gandma and grandpa tell stories.

You throw away years and years of experience when you desrespect the old and in the end you will have paid the price for it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Dressing for your age? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy