Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Racism and reverse discrimination

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I went to a web site to apply for an internship the other day. when I was done reading through the information I got excited thinking this is what I want to do.

At the bottom it said only apply if you belong to a minority group.

Is that not another form of racism, except this time legal?

If I had a white only internship the NAACP would burn me alive, but its ok and apparantly legal to have an only minority internship.

"What is true power?"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 44yrs • M •
By the way pardon the misspelling of Reverse discrimination

"What is true power?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is the problem with "equality". People now are more qualified based on minority group then by actual qualification.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Catnip48 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think there is a such thing as reverse discrimination. Discrimination is just discrimination. People think that because black people have less college rates that they must be given a plus for just being black. People need to focus on problems of minority schools not just put them at lower standard.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
affirmitive action is reverse discrimination

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
If your effort to stop discriminating against one group causes you to discriminate against another then that is reverse discrimination.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes the whole point of these things is to keep minorities alive. They fear that their culture is being attacked. But, I agree for where I live this is becoming a problem. Canada's population grows through immigration. So they come in what they call waves. First their was the European wave and now theirs the Asian wave. It's come to the point where white people are the minority and Asian people are the majority in many districts. To make groups devoted to white or even Celtic culture is considered racist or KKK.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 44yrs • M •
I was looking up reverse discrimination online and found a story about barbra grutter who was a college student at michigan state, she applied to the law program and had a 3.85 GPA and was turned down. After she was turned down she found out that 20 students with lower GPA's had been admitted solely becuase of they were black.

I agree that at one time methods to stop discrimanation were necessary but now these methods are leading to another kind of hate.

All i hear about is that all colors are equal. I agree, and if this is true then all colors should have an equal chance.

"What is true power?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
reverse discrimination is a pain. almost every place has almost a token
"minority" person. It is true that people should not be disallowed from doing a job because of their race, but they absolutely should not get a job that they are not the best suited or qualified for.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 44yrs • M •
I have libertarin beliefs. i believe that everybody is not entirly equal to start with, but that they all have equal oppurtunity

"What is true power?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well another thought behind the whole scenario is that it helps undo the wrong doings of the past.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and hurts the present and future

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
If by undo you mean revenge on those who did it then maybe this is a good idea. But revenge only earns more revenge

[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 44yrs • M •
quote:
Well another thought behind the whole scenario is that it helps undo the wrong doings of the past

I do not see how you can figure that, I never opressed anybody. Maybe 150 years ago an ancestor did, but how is my suffering undoing anything? That just leads to people who were never opressed saying they are owed something.

"What is true power?"
 38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you are looking for work then you are in the minority group of the unemployed which makes up about 10% in the USA. The majority are employed.

Or lie. Just say you are a white hispanic.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy