Psychos will stand at your door and ask to sniff your hair, but your boyfriend will just come right in and do it. - UnderDawg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

We all talk about a better way

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have been posting on this site for about a week or two, not really sure. Its appaerant that we all know how to talk about a better way of life, a better way to think, a more productive way to argue. I want to know what everyone is actually doing to aid the people who are limited to secularism? What are people doing to try and make a difference in there surroundings? i know its impossible to change the world because of the radical changes needed but we can certainly change the way OUR world works.
Im curious to the methods and actions all of these bright intellectual people are using to create a more suitable atmosphere.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i try to make people change with out giving them my name or any personal information about myself.

i was sitting on a bench and heard a girls tape recorder. i asked what it was and she said that she was cheating on her english test. i told her that she was worrying me (she was and we had never seen each other before) and she was instantly intrigued. we talk for about 15 minutes, and she told me three days ago she hasn't cheated since. i also give strangers advice and listen to people that i dont know.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I lead the way. Those who want to follow can.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i inquire about peoples difficulties. i listen to them intently and allow them to provide their own answers for themselves while i remain a catalyst to the situation. i am not a leader, yet i am not one to fall behind. basically i am a psychologist without the piece of paper...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Questions, questions, questions. I always ask questions of others to get them to try and think about what they are doing. If they are making a well informed decision that they have thought about thoroughly, then it's generally better for everyone.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 37yrs • M •
do you guys all feel like you do it enough?
i dont feel like i do, i just feel like there is so much more that i could do that could possibley even touch other peoples lives the way spirituality touches mine. but its hard to stress my views without feeling ... ya know, overbearing. i grew up in a private christian school and unfortunately thats what turned me away from religion for awhile.
How do you guys know when to draw the line?

37yrs • M •
I am in the middle of my self claimed journey. i got the idea to live a life void of everything that causes stress which in turn makes us insecure. i am going to keep a daily journal and take life as it comes, only stressing the essentials of life. i am starting here in New York but im trying to get to florida. southwest is offering 49$ fares so im about 60 dollars away from booking that trip. i hope to create this account of life through unsecular eyes to show that people can mantain in social structures and live very happily without all the bullshit of religious debate, politics, social competition, advertisement, yada yada. if anyone would liek to harbor my crazy ass or even join me (which would be very much welcomed) i would be glad to indulge more of the details and share everything im going through.

37yrs • M •
but i still want you guys to answer the post before the last one.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Positive change is a very relative term, positive change for one person is negative for another. All I try to do is to get people to think. People who think "Outside of the Box" are the ones who end up making all the difference in the world, and they usually shape history. The right people could shape it for the better, or at least my relative opinion of better.

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • M
i dont draw lines. i do what feels right. i help how i can. i listen. teach. give advice. interfere when asked.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
your not afraid of turning people off by "pushing" to much?
i would guess you just read people when your talking to them, thats what i try to do.

35yrs • M
i am very good at reading people. the ebst i know. so if i care about what they think of me and i can sense im 'pushing' to far, i mite step back, but probably not.

37yrs • M •
awake...i sent you something in your inbox

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy