Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why hell is not eternal

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why hell is not eternal
http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/sbs777/vital/hellfire.html

check this link.. sorry but even though i believe in a divine source of some kind(s) and some sort of happy life around this life.. and can think of many reasons (some i belive are more origional reasons i have) and other reasons i learned as to why hell wouldnt exist.. and i do try to connect with jesus but i do not feel connected to a man named jesus who represents what he did sying for everyones sins etc... (i mean unless i do but i just dont know it...)

even though it is still very hurtful thinking that there are people out there (with christian label i suppose) who believe that if you dont accept jesus (to me its still vague) that you are condemed to hell for eternity.. actually now i will state I do not believe this!.. but obviously a part of me would be effected at times if i bothered to make this post.. so if there is a hell and its true you go there for not knowing (i would accept him if i could) but not being convinced that he did die for ours sins (and that still doesnt make a lot of sense to me) then i found this seeminlgy christian website that gives good reason why hell (mabe itslef is eternal) but individuals wont be there forever and ever and ever.."The effect of the flames (death) will be eternal; but no one is going to twist and turn in hell-fire for endless ages. Thank God that is what the Scriptures teach.".. again id still state i dont belive in thi image of hell period but just incase... this will cheer some peopl up

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
a main reason is that the word "eternal" is used in the bible to refer to occurances that dont really go on for ever (ex: someone serving someone oe something like that).. but would be interesting to hear how you may refute and or agree with all this

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hell to me is the constant dreams that will occur when we are "dead". our bodies are alot more radioactive than we realize and the wave lengths are what is measuresd to analyze dreams so it makes sense to me that lucit dreams are the basis of heaven and hell

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 40yrs • M •
bumper

37yrs • M •
"bumper"
what does that mean?

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hell was created by God for the purpose of balance. I do not know if you really go to hell if you do not except Jesus, after all God created hell. The only logical reason for the creation of hell by a being that loves all is to give us the ability to have free will. Imagine a world without evil, we would all be on our knees day in and day out praying, until we probably starved to death.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
whats the basis?

40yrs • M •
suffering from starvation can be a form of evil.. that doesnt make sense.. if there was no evil it wouldnt be like that especailly if it was all "good" it would all be bliss without needing evil for bliss to stand out.. anyway bt i think you get conseqwuences in life.. own emorion and or peoples reaction.. and always one outweughs the other (if person sees you dont feel bad for doing something bad he will react) so that can mak hell seem more obscure.. maybe hell but i doubt its eternal eternal eteranl.. maybe just torured for seeminlgy eternally.. and learn feel bad.. see your victims apoligise discuss etc etc.. but i dount eternal torture..

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
.."The effect of the flames (death) will be eternal; but no one is going to twist and turn in hell-fire for endless ages.

Separation from GOD is to be separated from (eternal) life.
the life of this world is a learning experience which give form to [spiritual] values.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 40yrs • M •
i guess you can relate anything to anything in ome way but i still didnt follow thwe link between your quote and what you said sorry..

72yrs • M •
The Hell of fire & brimstone is not found in the NT. Jesus spoke of a rich man seeing the approach of Lazzarous (sp) on His [laz] way to heaven. It speaks of the rich man thrist and asking for water but this seems to be more of a metaphor denoting his thrist for the 'waters of life'.

I wonder if the OT, 'waters above from the waters below' are related (translation => root) to the 'waters of life'?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 44yrs • M •
If you think about it, without evil how would we ever actually have any choice? We would only do what is right and good, therefore wwe would not posses free will, we would not really control our own lives. There would be no decsions to be made. I do not explain myself well, but "The problem with evil", and "The problem of free will" are tied together.

"What is true power?"
 40yrs • M •
no becasue were still limited perhaps to doing things we dont know about.. and wre limitied to do certain evils and were limited to do certain evlis we can possibly do becasue cant do it without paying consequence very soon after.. .. my point is since there are already limitations... just becacsue your limited to not beng able to do evil dosnt mean we dont have free will (if we had it already) casue as u should know we already have so many limitis of potential things we would perhaps be capable of doing.. that dosnt mean we dont have free will.. just becsue if we wouldnt be able to do evil does not mean we wont hhave free will... just would be limited to doing free will wouldnt be able to us it for evil or evil will not result in doing things we consider evil (ie: if you eliminate pain)... anyway i belive in the nnice balance i live tht like eerone else how ere used to it... but the topic here is if there is a hell is it eternal??

44yrs • M •
quite right, i do tend to get off topic. Well wasn't it the movie "The Propechy" that said hell is only the absense of God?

Isn't the fire just a metaphor to show pain? the pain of being out of the light of god?

"What is true power?"
 72yrs • M •
Nice point even if it is off topic. patape
quote:
but "The problem with evil", and "The problem of free will" are tied together.
Well yes there is a definite connection. Animals are considered not to sin because they have limited abilities to make moral judgements or perhaps abstract reasoning would be a better word. Ex. the dog's instinct to protects his master, even from the paramedics are called in to help the person. Yet the dog still has free will?
quote:
Isn't the fire just a metaphor to show pain? the pain of being out of the light of god?
I think the pain (fire) is representative in that the rich man could see Lazz entering Heaven. Ya it would be Hell to watch others enjoying eternal life knowing that your own (actions) desires stopped you from entering too.

why hell is not eternal
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy