Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Constituion poorly enforced

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well its another day over and im sitting in the living room watching one of the good shows that i watch. Im just thinking back to when the pope said stuff about do it yourself relgions being bad. Well that got me thinking about our own socitety. Since our constitution allows us to have a freedom of religon then how come thousands maybe millions of kids every year are forced to start belive in a religon that they have the constituinal right not to belive in. So according to the constituion thousands of people are breaking the law even though we probally can't enforce this law it stil raises great concern with me and hopefully more. Just ask yourself if you belive in a religon did you consent to belive in it or did your parents/guardians or relatives just introduce it and you never decided to fully accept it. Most parents would say that they are helping their children when they are really not, they are inhibiting their mental growth becouse since they are taght at an eary age that this is the truth and that since that it is true that they souldn't belive in some things and that makes it so they wouldn't help advance certain areas of society. The parents would also say that they were doing this becouse the kid was not old enough to understand the constitiuion or to make their own resonable decitions. What if we could change this and we actually would becouse the supreme court is supposed to uphold our constion and make sure it is rulled accordinglly and enforced.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The only problem about this is then children will make all decisions. They wouldn't have to go to school nor eat healthy foods. And although this would give more freedom most kids when they get older would regret not learning how to read or basic mathematics skills. As far as religious influence goes once they reach a certain age they can decide for themselves what's right or wrong.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M •
thats diffrent there are no real laws governing stuff about that but the constition is suposed to be law and we can enforce that is more of a matter that can be desucssed latter when i have the time and people could help me on that topic.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok first off, religion, by default, should not be forced on anyone. So if the parents are insistant about going to church/temple/mousk and their kids are too young to be left at home, they're going to bring there kids regardless of what the gov't says/doesn't say. As to the indoctrination of their children, parents are extremely guilty of forcing religion on their offspring. However they consider it part of the job of raising a kid to be a theoretically moraly right and sensible person. Most kids, however, seem to go through at least one rebelious phase in which they declare their seperation from their inherited religion. This would seem to have solved our little conundrum of the parents forcing religion on their kids, however I would disagree with this. I would say that by pressuring their kids to do one thing, the parents have inevitably forced them to do something else. Thus the child is still not making their own decision. In order for anyone to make their "own" decision, all the options must be laid out and explained in full. As this is very unlikely to happen with someone who is three years old, I'm afraid we are stuck with the current system for the time being.

P.S. I apologize if this seems to make no sense but hey, it made perfect sense while I was writing it...

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 35yrs • M •
im going to have to jump in here about the reblious phase and relgion, i have a friend whos familly is hardcore evangelcist im sure if they found out that i was an aethis the father would pull a shotgun on me. Anyway none of the kids in that familly have a choice of choicsing not to belive in tha religon it is bored into their minds from day one that their relgion is true. And none of them exept maybe one have had a rebious phases that inclues the religon and even then he just expanded his belifes but still belived in the religon his familly forced on him.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well the evangelists are an exception I will admit, and yes, I accept that there are people in the world who are so completely convinced that they are right, that they try, often succesfully, to influence others. Unfortunately, the problem with this kind of influence is that the subject of it becomes completely convinced that it is there own set of beliefs, and they try to pass it on in turn. I agree that it is very difficult to have a rebellious phase in that kind of enviornment, and I know a few people who never went through one. Basically in cases like that, you just have to hope that some one beats them over the head a little bit after they move out so that they loosen up some.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 35yrs • M •
know that thing is how many people out there think this is a waste of a post or that this guy is actually talking about something that is smart, cause in reality it is, every year millions of familly are breaking the law. Fourtunetlly for me i went through a queit rebellion questioned my faith witch i never really had from the start, cause mom didn't care much and became what i am today. So the other question is what do all of you out there think and how should we stop this massive amount of law breaking.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy