Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Way We See

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Way We See
i was eating a peice pizza at my work (pizza hut) and i thought of a good thread. i was not trying to, i just did.i was checking out this little cutie waiter and she knew it, and she liked it. and i tought of that old say that says people see things differently in the world. a happy persons see's the world happy, sad people sad, angry people angy.i enjoy observing people, decius's quote fits all to well "i want to view the world with the people i love, and interact at my discretion". i think thats how it goes. any way, a couple of qeustions popped up.
one: how would a truely nuetral person view the world
two: how do i view the world, and does that define the type of person i am
three: what kind of person are you

questions, comments, you know the drill.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the thing i struggle with is whether its better to attempt to be neutral or to make a solid stand. its easy to be nuetral if you can clearly see all sides of a situation, but its hard not to invest emotions one way or another. if you make a stand you stick out and are commended or rejected depending on the others view.

most say it is better to make a stand, but i have found that in doing so i lose opportunities that i wouldnt have by simply being neutral.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
you lose all opurtunitys by being truely neutral, wxcept the third person understanding. i think thats the way i do it is, i invest my self, while keeping the intelligent part of me outside so i know whats happening. thats what stumped me today. i think thats why im so objective, i ee all veiws of some things and unederstand, but at the same time when someone asks me a stupid qeutstion i get real upset.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i seem to go back and forth between both being neutral and taking a stand.....if you're always neutral or always involved and unwavering with your point you loose something either way

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I found its best to stick with the self-prostitution of perception. i guess i mean i tend to manipulate the perception of others through my actions which i choose while remaining uncommited in any regards. the tricky part of this is not lying, but still maintaining my responsibility of existance. which is essentially peace of mind. unless of course you have a worthy investment in either side and find it will only benefit the health of your being.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would have to agree that happy sees the world happy etc but it also depends on the output of others. Happy people arent always happy, sometimes they need something from others to make them that way. I think that a reactive view on life is not personally efficient (at least for me) I am a very happy person but I also see the sadness in the world, my idea is to see the sad and make it happy. Just like when you saw the waitress and wanted to make her happy or flirty or horny or whatever your agenda was.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 35yrs • M
navin- i tell peolpe that im pathological liar. and then explain to them that there is no way they can tell if im lying or not. is that the type of thing you do? i think you enjoy entertaining your self so that you can see the world as an entertaining place. non-social people see the world as boring and empty. not us.

fin- sadeople arent always sad but their over all veiw of the world is despairing. same with happy people. their view is perky. when i see a waitress working, espiacally a cute one, i try to help them. what does that make me?

38yrs • M •
I guess who you are depends on your definition of "helping the waitress"

35yrs • M

pick up the plates and clean the table. tuck her in at night and kiss her goodbye.

38yrs • M •
Then i would say you are a smart man who knows how the world works

35yrs • M
thats exactly what i say.

The Way We See
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy