Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Imagine you were going to die tommorow

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how would you feel about your life? what would you do today? who would you miss? who would you kiss goodbye? who would you tell all the things that you have trould saying to?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd feel like I never accomplished any of the things I planned to do with my life. I'd probably spend the rest of the day with my friends and family, telling them everything about myself that I could think of, whether private or not, and explain to them how much each one of them meant to me and how each one of them effected me profoundly. Then I'd cry a lot. That would really suck if I died tomorrow...

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is how you should really live each day, with the concept that it's your last. Remember we all have a terminal illness. It's called being born.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is why I hug my brothers everyday.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am quite comfortable for what I have achieved relative to my age so far. I would obviously be dissapointed that I could not live further, in order to achieve my future life goals and ambitions. What would I do today? probably similar to what takemeseriously said. I would also want to climb my last mountain, and look into the distance, not dwelling on the past, but to appreciate nature itself.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Atlantis5 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting topic! The older I get, the more I realize that the chance of this event happening never gets any smaller each time I wake up. Even as you read this, there are hundreds of people that ARE spending their last day today, be it aware or unaware.

I made my peace with that one certainty in life already some time ago.

I'd look back on my life with a great smile of appreciation for everything I and others have done for me so far and what I did for them.

That last day, I would spend as much time as possible with the people I am attached to and tell them what I learned about life. I'd say goodbye with honor. Of course, I would miss those I love, but then again would I not have much time to miss them...

What fascinates me most, I think, is that on the last day of my life, I would tell them all the truths about how I really felt (either good or bad) about things and characters that interact with me in my life. This troubles me, because why would I do this as a last thing, a final act of liberation? Why not earlier? Maybe they don't want to hear it. Or maybe they do. Would it not be great to liberate yourself right now from all that? Really live each day of your life as if it were the last?

In the meantime, while I try to understand the consequences of such a possible act of (perhaps egoistic) liberation, I think I'll just mask those words I've been dying to say in a smile. One that speaks a thousand words... if you read it well...

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives you the test first, and the lesson afterwards."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that WelshDude is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nice question, confront my friends/family about it, spend more time with them, tell them things I know I'd never tell them otherwise, what really gets me here is that, who's to say we aren't gonna die tomorrow? car crash, murder, manslaughter, there's no garuntee that we will live to see another day, every moment we live is a chance that we could get killed

33yrs • M •
Hasasou is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would have sex with as many hot girls as i can find....

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...woww........well, given the fact that they would actually have sex with you.. Don't tell them that you're going to die tomorrow or they may think you're up to something.
srry but that's gotta be the worst reply of all time.. but if that's what you'd really do then that's your call, not mine. l o l

as for me.. I would be happy yet sad all at the same time. It seems like you learn and/or see more about your life or just life in general the closer you are to an imminent death. everything would start to be more clear when you think about it.

As I recall, This reminds me of a certain part in Saw II when john["jigsaw","the bad guy"] evades death after just being in a car crash... He then realizes what his life was really all about. and wanted to test others' lives etc,etc..

I would tell those close to me what is about to occur the next day and just comfort them and just tell them I loved every second with them.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IceMan04 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree with hasasou, but the only difference is that i would have threesomes with all of the hottest girls

"I always say the truth, even when Im lying"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
-____-

guys and thier sex.... lmao never fails..

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd live like any other day, eat a good meal, then when nighttime comes lie back, give my parents a call, call my girlfriend, and if either want to come over, keep the door open, and go bed- get a good night's sleep.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would be so happy, I can't wait to die. To finally be able to find out WTF is out there.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that deifiedslacker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree with atlantis. i would also tell the truth. i'd want people to see myself as how i truly was rather than how i hid myself behind a cover of lies and deceptions. i think its so sad that people wait until they are on their deathbeds to do this.

i know that fear is stopping me. what's stopping you?

"I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy