The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Can we communicate using only questions?

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Methuzula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If a person writes a letter, or speaks his/her thoughts, intentions, etc., to you and if you understand that person's meaning, intent, purpose, spirit, etc., then communication has taken place. This communication enables the one receiving the information to access the mind of the giver of the communication.

Questions lead, and in Scientific Method, Akham's Razor and deductive reasoning they lead us to purer forms of the truth.

Questions rely on the respondent's base of knowledge and most quickly display their proficency on any subject matter.

Questions share responsibility for the flow of communication between parties and are the pathways to solid consensus.

We obviously cannot do without them and can we rely soley upon them?

Comments?

"You are affected by 3 generations and you affect 3 generations, and every third generation a major change takes place in the family."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is this a question?

""No words""
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Methuzula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What I'm refering to is, should we adopt a dialectic similar to that of Socrates and Plato, using questions and reasoning to gently sway opinions to reflect our own perspectives?

If, tommorow, granted this talent, ....? What? What do you ask a person whom you now control? It doesn't matter what direction that's taken, could you do it using only questions?

heyjme1 I get your "point" should I say, that you make mine?

"You are affected by 3 generations and you affect 3 generations, and every third generation a major change takes place in the family."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
socrates didnt always talk like that. he used a method of interagation towards someone he was trying to teach, so that they would learn evrything about the subject. he wouldnt stop untill no one could ask why.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i ask why about everything.

it's a little off topic but I think at some point everyone asks why.. but eventually we conclude to ourselves that we dont not know why and so it goes.. we live life not knowing, why..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy