If I ever acquire wisdom i suppose i shall be wise enough to know what to do with it. - Laurence Darrell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does Time Exist?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does Time Exist?
Does "Time" exist...past our measurements?

Is time more than a measurement? I used to believe that time was only a measurement placed by the human mind.-used to help give a sense of control by allowing us to maintain a universal truth.-on a "logical scale".

But what i've founds is, that time just might exist. Given with "music"-though music works in counts..and beats..and measurements, it seems that even before we could speak or measure rhythm, it existed fluently within human nature. Like a lucid map-being unfolded right before us. We can feel the rhythm. -know when the next beat "should" hit in order to continue a set pattern or patterns.

so what do you think? is it a standard of the human mind...in which we're so attached, that we can sense it without analysis?

or does time actually exist on a grand scale?

..whats really funny, is that some of the most analytical people have the "most" trouble following rhythm.-

now why do you think that is?

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ekimup its been a while.

I see you couldn't resist coming back here. Neither could I.

I think that no matter how hard we try we cant stop questioning things.

I often find myself slipping in to the same old patterns of thought about space, time, meaning, and life purpose. It reminds me that nothing is as important as I once thought it was, then i get depressed and listen to pink floyd.

here and there i will be distracted by life but then i am drawn back to that state of dull depression searching as though something is missing. maybe im searching for meaning, reasons, purposes but whatever it is it opens my mind to all kind of creative and innovative possibilities that i cant express anywhere else but here.

now, you post does time exist.

thats funny cause im a drummer.. i was in the university of pitt drumline for about 4 months playing snare drum. i just recently quit, cause it got boring and mainly cause i had trouble keeping time to the crazy music.. if you care, you can see my picture at http://www.pittdrumline.com/ click on pictures, notre dame, and if you click the 5th picture to the far right in the top corner, then you'll see me im the furthest left snare drummer.. they didnt put my name on the members page cause i quit..

anyway i think time does exist on a grand scale. i have a hard time feeling the beat when i try too hard to analye it..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----
by the way what is your birth date month-day-year i have this book that i just bought by dan millman about birth numbers and it talks about different energies and how to determine your energy by your birth number.. you have to add all the numbers individually, i got 38 then i add them two together to get 11 and my birth number is 11: 38/11

it talks about my my life purpose being a confidence problem and also my different strengths, one being creativity..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What time is it? Now! think about it

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
12/24/87

b-day.^

also, analytical-you should really look at my other thread. I believe there are some hopeful thoughts utilizing "logic" to kind of spit in logic's face. haha. so dont feel down-there is hope!!

Science and Faith-Their applications to truth.<-check it out.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • M •
6: 24/6

the "6" stands for Vision and Acceptance

6's life purpose to see the bigger picture and accept the innate perfection of the world

"the vision of beauty, purity, and high ideals of those working 6 can become tainted by judgments about self, others and, the world. Their purpose lies in recognizing the higher or transcendent perfection in everyone and everything, and aiming for high ideals while accepting themselves and others in the present."

in the positive: 6 sees the bigger picture, forgiving and patient, does excellent work without falling into perfectionism; accepts self and others.

" a positive 6 would make the best judge"

in the negative: Hypercritical; judges self and others against perfectionistic standards; lost in petty details.

"a negative 6 would make the best perfectionist"

many 6's have a "together" public act- cool, smiling, nice, considerate, doing the right thing- but they are hiding the inner tendency to judge others against sky-high standards. just beneath the surface lies disappointment at many faults and wrongs of the world.

it says that you need to mature from disappointment and criticism to expansive vision and acceptance.

------------------------------------------------------

im not goin go into the other birth numbers cause the 6 is the most predominate number you have, but each digit uncovers hidden meanings related to our lifes purpose.

this theory dates back to the pythagorean school of ancient Greece.

pythag. spoke of many cycles, patterns, and waves of energy that existed long before the wave of humanity, and how our lifes path reflect great and eternal laws, whos origins and purpose remain hidden within the mystery and mechanics of existence. In exploring the fundamentals of form and frequency, he discovered relationships between mind and matter where before no such order had appeared to exist, and he pointed to hidden numerical patterns that served as keys for unlocking the psyche.

36yrs • M •
wow. thats quite interesting.

im not very keen on hearing the "bad" over the "good".-but i suppose with any good thing, comes responsibility in preventing it from becoming...a bad thing.

i really liked that analytical, it hits home

haha. and in the bible- 6 stands for imperfection.-and the epitame of all evil.

kinda creep'n myself out now

36yrs • M •
Velvet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i dont get this number theory and what it has to do with time. But more to the subject time exists of its own its like tis old philisophical question if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound well the answer is yes it exists it happened it hit the floor and the air vibrated and made a noise. The same can be applyed to time it goes on regardless to humans all humans have done is give it a name.

"please put down your hands cause i see you"
 36yrs • M •
Velvet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
and by this theory i also mean that time can not be stopped and time does not stop as it is sepperate to anything it is of its own it carrys on regardless.

"please put down your hands cause i see you"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
velvet is correct. and there is already a thread having to do with time, time and absolute zero i think its titled.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 37yrs • M •
yes and we are repeating ourselves..... velvet you are not open minded enough i think to understand that the tree could not make a sound

granted it sounds stupid but you have to have an open mind in philosophy, cause there is no evidence that it makes a sound.. and there never will be evidence even if we put a tape recorder in the woods that is still a form of a human witness when we watch the tape

that question means that no one and no thing is around as a witness so how can we prove something that we cant prove is the basic gist of the question

ans.. we cant ever prove something that we cant prove simple as that cause if we cant prove it...well then how the hell are we going to prove it... get it..? i know im talking in circles but its a confusing point i want to get across to you

if there is no witness of sound being made then we cant ever know for sure if it makes sound.. we need a witness. and there cant be a witness, meaning we will never answer that question..

even tho logic says of course it makes a sound we need a witness

--------------------------------

also i apologize for getting off topic about the birth numbers

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
analytical- you claim your open minded, but postulate that 'seeing is only believing'. This is rather close-minded.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 36yrs • M •
well, velvet says.."if".

If i tree fell, we wouldnt know. -and as far as we "know"..."it" would not make a sound. Whether a squirrel or a monkey, or badger heard it, the fact that we dont, means we cant use it as a valid factor in measuring time(or anything else utilizing a scientific process.

All that was said, is that we dont know...what we dont know.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is always some sentiant being witnessing everything...

note the chaos theory. the tree falls... the particle wave zooms threw the air and hits a building, that building vibrates and sends a different wave... blah blah blah.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
can anyone define time?

"dont got one"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First there was time, then came the sensation of time, then the idea of time, and finally the word "time". For me there are 2 ways to perceive 'time'-
1. measurement of time (socially constructed- internal. Involving the measurement of events and their intervals in a continuim) and
2. absolute time (external).

measurement of time?- We invented it, not the universe. Measured time is a conscious experience. Measured time is nothing in reality but exists only in the mind's apprehension of that reality. However 'real' or external time can't be measured. This 'real' time exists externally from the mind, where it has no relative date. Overall time is a nonspatial continuim- it is infinite.Time exists in a realm externally from matter.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
Does Time Exist?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy