Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Chaos theory - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we as humans are not that intelligent or we could predict everything that is going to happen.

the weather for instance, can not be predicted 100% accurate by humans cause there are infinite numbers of possibilities that can change it. in 20 days from now we have an idea what the weather will be like but there is no way that we can know the exact forecast.

-----everything is a matter of cause and effect

if we could calculate everything then we would be capable of predicting things like the weather

it's not impossible. right now today we say it is impossible cause we have not yet found out a way to take an infinite number of measurements that would be required to predict the exact forecast

(everything is impossible until we do it)

for ex: a person from the 15th century would say "it is impossible for a human being to travel to the moon"

i think that everything is predictable, but we are not intelligent enough yet to predict it

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
elisean
the gernade would be a dud. since when is the only way of stopping something, to kill it.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i know you've all seen back to the future... now think about this...

the doc always talks about not changing anything from the past or you change your timeline.

what if the kid was supposed to change the past therefore changing the future to keep the timeline the same, and if he didnt, then the timeline would change... you can never know because no matter what you think you're in, be it past or future, you're always in the present.

35yrs • M
perfect example of what im talking about

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
[  Edited by awakendwraith at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
umm i think we strayed on the topic of the chaos theroy alittle. Funny thing is im going to try incoperating it into psyics this year so this should be fun. And side note on time travel slight debuging not sure if this has allready been though up though. Ok so ur in what we call the future to you its the present so you go back and kill you mom by accident that means you were never born therfore you never went back so ur mom never died thereofore youd be alive then u guys are prob thinking well now its an endless cycle no its not becouse a. you could always go back after u were born and accidntally kill your mom therfore ur alive and the past is still changed or just not go back in time at all either the first place or affter u have changed history. now this might be protected aginst by the THEROYS of time travel rember these are just THEROYS NOT FACT so therfore you can screw with the timeline as much as you want becouse for all we know people already have and made it so we can't by making us think that these rules are here to prvent this sort of thing when in reality it had allready happened.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that my friend, is why there is no such thing as a timeline and no such thing as time.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Science may one day say what, where, how, when. But will we ever, fully, know why? Remeber science is the product of scientists...or rather humans. There may be some dark theories produced but never forget the inspiration of the thought. Where, do you think, this comes from?

""No words""
 35yrs • M
things we've already heard of, or been insired to think off by other, older, things.

41yrs • M •
And where do these come from?

""No words""
 35yrs • M
older things. when original thought was possible. its really hard now, becuase people have been around so long

41yrs • M •
"Je pense, donc je suis"

Translate it; investigate it; think, exactly, what this means about things right down to the bare essence.

""No words""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Heyjme: you may be pleased to know that 'I think, therefore I am' is the raw foundation of my philosophy.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you think thats very skeptical?? not me, try going further

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
patape: could you extrapolate please

"The summit is just a halfway point"
Chaos theory - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy