Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines! - PhoebeKnowsAll
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

do you think the United Nations should.... - Page 2

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm for Arming the United Nations - after you disconnect the World Trade Organization and the World Bank. Let it be ruled only by the leaders of nations like the congress of our nation. Ofcourse it won't be perfect, but a much better system then we currently have.

The World Trade Organization and the World Bank are ruled by corporate interests, following the God of Mammon. They are the two heads of the Anti Christ - not the UN.

Remove the beasts, give the UN the power and let there be peace.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I'm sorry, but "demonization" was not used by America in any portion of this whole terror issue. The terrorists demonized themselves when they blew up 3,000 innocent people in NYC. And let me ask this...when have Americans ever purposefully targeted innocent lives?

IF God did not exist, we would have to invent him, wrote Voltaire, the great wit and philosophe of the French Enlightenment. But what about demons? Don't we need them as well? Can we exist without the devils that drive us to do the things that humanity would find it difficult to associate with? How are genocides and holocausts generated? What feeds these devils? These are questions blowing in the wind, as the United States government continues to spew venom at the pitiable people of Iraq . George W Bush declared that 'Ours is a war against terrorism and evil' and that 'we will rid the world of the evildoers'.

It is not enough that in 1991, the US flattened much of the country over a period of 42 days by means of the most intimidating technological war machine the planet has ever seen since Vietnam. Now the intention appears to be to bring down whatever is left: leader, people, economy, everything, after a decade of harsh sanctions have taken their toll. It could almost happen, as normal people are generally incapable of dealing with actions of individuals who are driven by 'demons' and who therefore see demons everywhere. And there is no lunatic asylum on the planet that is large enough to contain all the inmates of the Pentagon.

So if Iraq did not exist, the West would be forced to invent it. Western history is fairly littered with the consequences of the 'Iraq Syndrome': the earnest desire to unilaterally do away with classes of people who, simply by their very existence or presence, trouble the allegedly righteous, even when they are very far removed - often by very large oceans and seas - from their borders.

The most astonishing feature of the 'demonization' of Iraq is the scale of the anti-personal, almost murderous violence that the US allows or sanctions. Anyone who doubts that this is an intrinsic, inherent feature of the very soul of the West ought to take time and question the complete media propaganda that the western world receives.

By dehumanising one's enemies, one makes their deaths seem eminently acceptable.

So the creation of a military-industrial complex in Iraq as we all know is absent. Just another feebleminded excuse by the Bush department. This itself threatened democracy in any part of the world. Even the fact the the US has weapons of mass destruction is an indicator of true collective insanity and neurosis.

It is surprising, indeed, to discover how easily a demonisation process can be initiated, maintained and milked in today's modern world. But it must be conceded that no body can demonise as successfully as the US government (particularly its defence department) working in close tandem with elite news reporters and news agencies, planting stories and creating instant campaigns, so that we are all, avid consumers of Western media, are convinced of the bona fide nature of the actions called for, and can concur and acquiesce in their righteousness. Demonising was simply directed against Saddam Hussein personally, comparing him to Hitler and calling for his assassination and the like. The press had really nothing demonic to say about the Iraq population. The world, which had swallowed the demonisation package, simply sat and watched the unfolding tragedy.

The problem the globe faces today is not Iraq, but the United States. America is going to become guilty, in my judgment, of being the greatest threat to the peace of the world. It's an ugly reality, and Americans don't like to face up to it.

The US has always been fearful that if Iraq became a regional power, it might forever endanger access to the oil reserves of the Middle East. 'Regardless of whether we say so publicly,' said Anthony H Cordesman, of Washington's Center for Strategic and International Studies, 'we will go to war, because Saddam sits at the centre of a region with more than 60% of all the world's oil reserves.'

quote:
Smart bombs have saved more lives then they've been used to destroy. And this last venture was even better than the first. Not to mention we are the only country to pay reparations to those civilians whose property, lives, or health is damaged or destroyed. Money can't fix death, but it is the best we can do in this life. No other country will even admit they hit the wrong target or that collateral damage even occurs, let alone pay for it.

Thats a contradiction. In Iraq, in 1991, the US Army left behind over 150,000 dead or wounded. And when Madeleine Albright, the former US Secretary of State, was asked her opinion of the needless deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children due to the sanctions imposed on that country merely to penalise its leader, she passed them off as 'collateral damage'. There were no reparations.

quote:
It's people like you that keep the "hope" of terrorism alive.

There is no 'hope' of terrorism; there is certainty of terrorism. Its people like me who see Iraq as a tragically misguided venture.

quote:
You enjoy freedom of worship, press, etc. You deserve to die!!! because you do not agree with the radical muslim beliefs.

How would you know if I enjoy freedom of worship and the press. The media is propaganda to its extreme. Believe me, anti-bush westerners are the last westerners on a terrorist's list.

quote:
I too am opposed to war... it has come to a time where certain folks "need some killin'" as they say in the country. It's time to stand up, find those who are responsible for these atrocities of terror...

Once again a contradiction.

quote:
And name those who feel that OIF is a misguided venture...especially in the military...and if you say the name of the General who ran in the last US presidential election primarys...Wesley something...you lose...

If you want names here are a few-
David Albright | Robert Baer | Milt Bearden | Rand Beers | Bill Christison | David Corn | Philip Coyle | John Dean | Patrick Eddington | Chas Freeman | Graham Fuller | Mel Goodman | Larry C. Johnson | Dr. David Kay | John Brady Kiesling | Karen Kwiatkowski | Patrick Lang | Dr. David C. MacMichael | Ray McGovern | Scott Ritter | The Rt Honorable Clare Short | Stansfield Turner | The Honorable Henry Waxman | Thomas E. White | Joseph C. Wilson | Colonel Mary Ann Wright | Peter Zimmerman

Tanker I suggest you watch this as well: http://www.truthuncovered.com/

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
do you think the United Nations should.... - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy