Taking a chance is like taking a bath, because sometimes you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plast - Lemony Snicket
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Balance, A Universal Truth?

User Thread
 39yrs • F •
parasite is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hello everyone..this is my first time here, so I thought I'd share a few of my thoughts, or what I hold to be my own universal truth.

I've notice that in everything thing there is this balance; life/death, good/bad, morality/human nature, destruction/creation, positive/negative...this works with everything! I think that most people are so involved with a systematic belief in a higher power that is seperate from them, that they are missing the bigger picture, which is this balance. This balance seems to superceed God, the personification of good.. hence, Lucifer, the personification of evil.

Now, on another note, What are we here for? First, I'd like to start with this statement. Destruction brings creation. However, I feel as though the human species is trying to overpower the inevitable. It's in human nature to preserve life, but I believe it is too late for this. We have already began to deevolve, and it seems a more superior species is beginning it's own evolutionary process. I believe this new species to be biomechanical...analog and digital.

Also, I'd like to point out that every human being is a parasite. We take, but don't give back. Instead of nurishing the earth with our decomposing carbon molecules, we box ourselves in, thinking it will get us somewhere. It's sad really.

/end rant

feel free to criticize me, post links, and throw in your .02. I'm always willing to learn.

P.S. Has anyone seen Waking Life?

"Destruction brings recreation."
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree that everything comes in pairs.
god the personafication of good and lucifer of evil is subject to another topic.

what are we here for? who's to say?

please explain why humans are trying to overpower the enevitable. what is the enevitable? what and why do you think its too late?

how do you know were deevolving?

what other superior race are you refering to?

if every human being was a parasite, there would be no one left to live off. if you are refering to the earth, then of course, thats a given. the very existance of every living thnig on the planet depends on the earth.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
balance is comparison of weight.the polar opposites are the ends of the spectrum. include the rest and the resulting phenomenon is symetry.symetry is the hidden force.

"dont got one"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy