Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero (Seize the day with little trust in the future) - Horace
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

No More Rubber Stamp Politics

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is the American way to investigate and criticize decisions made by our government and encourage solutions to current problems.

People will always complain, nothing will ever be perfect. But this is what made America one of the greatest nations in the world. To always strive for perfection and demand it from our government builds this nation strong and great.

Freely sharing ideas, beliefs and opinions and arguing over the best solution builds a strong and great nation.

This is what I want to see: no more rubber stamp politics from elected officials who would abandon the people to tow the line of the leadership, who would abandon criticism and recommendations and single-handedly take this nation down.

We have lost sight of our American ideals, and we desperately need to bring them back.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Great but a problem exist with our system. We tend to elect those who are best at deceiving the most people, not because of their honest desire & ability to serve the people.
We don't just accept lies, we promote deceptions.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Power corrupts people. Imagine being the most powerful man in the United States. This is not an easy task to remain a straight shooter. This is why corruption in politics is so common.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Great but a problem exist with our system. We tend to elect those who are best at deceiving the most people, not because of their honest desire & ability to serve the people.
We don't just accept lies, we promote deceptions.

Why is that? is because we have become so corrupt we fear honesty?

quote:
Power corrupts people. Imagine being the most powerful man in the United States. This is not an easy task to remain a straight shooter. This is why corruption in politics is so common.

When I was in the military I saw this all the time, some were not as bad as others, but always you would believe you were better than others and believe they should serve you. When in a leadership position, you'de have to be careful and check yourself all the time, I didn't like it.

quote:
Do not blame those in power for being corrupted: they were given that post because they claimed to be able to accept that responsibiilty without being corrupted.

It is innexcusable as not all men succumb to corruption.

We need to hold them accountable at all times. If we expect less, than that is what we will get. If we expect more, then we will will get the best.

No one should be expected to serve in Congress or the Senate their whole life, turn over is a good thing.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
This is what I want to see: no more rubber stamp politics from elected officials who would abandon the people to tow the line of the leadership, who would abandon criticism and recommendations and single-handedly take this nation down.

That i agree with wholeheartedly, i would love to see a president who stood up and said "This is the way it is, to hell with the rest of you", The US is the most powerful country in the world, but we do not act like it. "Evil is not one large entity but countless smaller wrongs that people allow to happen", that is from some book i read, though i don't remeber the title.

I might sound arrogant but the world needs a leader, not just people who try to make alliances by giving away our soverignty.

The japeneses general, i don't remeber his name either, after bombing pearl harbour said "I fear we have roused the sleeping giant", i like that, and would like to see the giant stay awake.

"What is true power?"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
Why is that? is because we have become so corrupt we fear honesty?
Sounds like you have given the answer in the question? What happens to all those wonderful campaign promises after the election? Candidates biggest worry is being caught contradiction of previous statements/promises? Governing by proxies we tend to find special interest being put before what is best for all or the majority?
quote:
That i agree with wholeheartedly, i would love to see a president who stood up and said "This is the way it is, to hell with the rest of you", The US is the most powerful country in the world, but we do not act like it.
Well there you have a Bush supporter? The Cost of freedom, live in a police state [contradiction of terms]

64yrs • M •
quote:
That i agree with wholeheartedly, i would love to see a president who stood up and said "This is the way it is, to hell with the rest of you", The US is the most powerful country in the world, but we do not act like it.

We're the most powerful nation in the world, and we should act like it. I say we ask Congress to start the draft NOW and put Azhrei in the front of the line, he can lead this nation into war all over the world, he knows we're the most powerful nation.

72yrs • M •
By DEB RIECHMANN (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
November 11, 2005 2:31 PM EST

quote:
"The stakes in the global war on terror are too high and the national interest is too important for politicians to throw out false charges," the president said in his combative Veterans Day speech.
"While it's perfectly legitimate to criticize my decision or the conduct of the war, it is deeply irresponsible to rewrite the history of how that war began," the president said.

Bush's combative defense of his policy came at a time of growing doubts and criticism about a war that has claimed the lives of more than 2,050 members of the U.S. military. As casualties have climbed, Bush's popularity has dropped. His approval rating now is at 37 percent in the latest AP-Ipsos poll, an all time low point of his presidency.
quote:
Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts, who ran against Bush last year, quickly challenged the president's charges.
"I wish President Bush knew better than to dishonor America's veterans by playing the politics of fear and smear on Veterans Day," said Kerry, who voted in 2002 to give Bush the authority to wage war but later voted against additional funds for Iraq and Afghanistan reconstruction. Kerry argued at the time that Bush didn't have a solid plan to restore peace.
"This administration misled a nation into war by cherry-picking intelligence and stretching the truth beyond recognition," Kerry said.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
he can lead this nation into war all over the world, he knows we're the most powerful nation.

If the united states is the most powerful nation then what's all the trouble in Iraq about.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 72yrs • M •
Well, what did ya expect when ya trivial with others liberties?
There is a difference between helping others & helping yourself at others expense.
quote:
During yesterday's hearings on recent record oil industry profits, Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) told the oil executives, "People are concerned about fairness and justice at a time of sacrifice. Your sacrifice appears to be nothing.
#1 ExxonMobil just reported the largest quarterly profits-$9.9 billion-of any American corporation in history.
#2 ExxonMobil spends its record profits fighting virtually all meaningful efforts towards ending our dependence on oil.
http://political.moveon.org/exxon?id=6320-5200306-cyaBci0IE3FVtVSVo4SA2g
&t=2

72yrs • M •
headlines from today's paper . . .
#1 Medicare drug plan fears voiced: short article with the flaming Bush photo; right next to Expanded cement plant would increase pollution of plant photo (above)
#2 with 'Mercury Rising in larger type below it: How small town/ usa aren't effective voice on plant emissions while considering the expansion, board members stated
"air quality is a state issue"
#Oh, I shouldn't forget to point out the top story but then that's another ball game!

64yrs • M •
I wish Barbara would run for president.

All the most powerful military in the world can't stop someone from blowing themselves up.

Never in history do I every remember a government winning the war against beliefs. The beliefs always win.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy